[Rumor] Samsung Roadmap Leaked: Samsung GT-I9250 Ice Cream Sandwich Phone & More

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's already been verified that a 4.6" ICS screen can fit onto the same sized phone that fits current 4.3" screens (because ICS loses the soft-touch/capacitive buttons, which frees up screen real-estate).

Nexus Prime - Page 14 - Android Forums

We don't know for a fact that that's what's going to happen, but it is at least possible.

Brandon

How is that gonna work on a phone? Is it like Honeycomb? That will be interesting...

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I can't wait, i was jealous to see the 5" dell streak on ATT, hope we see this 5.25" on verizon. If its too big for your pocket then just get a smaller one, the bigger the screen the better for me, i've got plenty of room to spare with my thunderbolt in there. Heck, i'd buy a 7" if they made it, and just use a bluetooth headset for calls, i use my phone maybe 5% of the time for calls, so screen real estate is great to me.

EFGantry

Reaction score
I like the soft buttons why lose them? What will replace it?

The menu buttons will now be part of the software (a la Honeycomb) and will appear on the screen. You're not "losing" the buttons, they're just not going to be physical or soft key buttons.

bplewis24

Reaction score
It's already been verified that a 4.6" ICS screen can fit onto the same sized phone that fits current 4.3" screens (because ICS loses the soft-touch/capacitive buttons, which frees up screen real-estate).

Nexus Prime - Page 14 - Android Forums

We don't know for a fact that that's what's going to happen, but it is at least possible.

Brandon

How is that gonna work on a phone? Is it like Honeycomb? That will be interesting...

Its going to be something like honeycomb, but its to early to know how the phone version will look. No leaks exist that I've seen yet.

Brandon

luv2golf

Reaction score
The sad thing is these phones will go to T Mobile, then Sprint, AT&T then finally Verizon.

Cipherr

Reaction score
I like the soft buttons why lose them? What will replace it?

about .3 of more screen real estate. We will get 4.6 screens without having to have larger devices with the buttons gone. On screen ones will likely replace them.

5" phone is the max for me. Not the display but the whole phone itself. My Droid X is 5.02" and its a good size, but the screen could be bigger by removing the hard keys and pushing the screen closer to the edges. Maybe a touch wider wouldn't hurt either.

Those are some impressive spec's. Its making the Bionic less and less tempting by the day. the sad truth? i'll probably get one...:)

I gotta say this "Congrats Motorola, you boned yourself again!" Should have release it earlier and not risked more time for people to find leaks of better phones.

-that is all, carry on.:D

Yeah Im feeling the same, going to skip the Galaxy SII now and wait for the first ICS phones to drop. May as well.

I can't wait, i was jealous to see the 5" dell streak on ATT, hope we see this 5.25" on verizon. If its too big for your pocket then just get a smaller one, the bigger the screen the better for me, i've got plenty of room to spare with my thunderbolt in there. Heck, i'd buy a 7" if they made it

20100128sdk.jpg

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid