[Rumor] Samsung Roadmap Leaked: Samsung GT-I9250 Ice Cream Sandwich Phone & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-roadmap-leak-aug2011.jpg

Whether they are orchestrated by marketing PR teams, or are actually a clandestine release from a secretive employee, you just gotta love information leaks, especially when they are roadmaps for major phone manufacturers' smartphones. The newest leak comes from Samsung and hints at a future Galaxy Class smartphone as well as some other interesting devices. The juiciest info from the leak is the GT-I9250 phone, which is probably their next gen Galaxy branded phone. It has a pretty impressive featureset, but there are some other enticing devices with a few surprising choices as well. Not all of the devices on the roadmap had all the same features leaked, but we will share what we have. Here are just a few:
GT-I9250 Smartphone -
  • 4.65-inch 1280 x 720 resolution display
  • 5-megapixel camera,
  • Ice Cream Sandwich
  • An unspecified processor probably a dual-core
GT-I9220 Smartphone -
  • 5.29-inch 1280 x 820 Super AMOLED Plus panel (Wow! That's a big phone! This seems just "silly" big.)
  • Dual-core 1.4GHz processor
  • 8-megapixel camera
  • Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
I9210 Smartphone -
  • 4.5-inch 800 x 480 touchscreen
  • 4G connectivity
  • WiFi b/g/n
  • Bluetooth 3.0
  • GPS
  • 8-megapixel camera with Full HD video recording support
  • 2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • 1750 mAh battery
GT-I8150 SmartPhone -
  • 3.7-inch WVGA TFT LCD
  • 4GB of internal storage
  • HSPA+ connectivity
  • 5-megapixel camera
  • A VGA front-facing camera
  • Bluetooth 3.0
  • WiFi b/g/n, GPS and an FM radio,
  • 720p 30fps HD video recording
There was also a new tablet leaked: It was a 7-inch slate called the P6200. It will run Android 3.x Honeycomb on a 1024 x 600 display, with HSPA+ and a 3-megapixel camera on the back with a 2-megapixels up front. It will also be available as a WiFi-only version under the moniker P6210. There were a few more lower-end devices in the roadmap, as well as a Microsoft Bada phone and a Windows Phone 7 phone, but we wanted to highlight the "good" stuff!

Source: Android.net via SlashGear

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess it is a "lost in translation" thing, but the original source translated into English states:

"9220-W43 (telephone Super AMOLED screen is 29.5 inches and 1280 x 720 resolution, but the calculations will take care of dual-core 1.4 GHz processor. The device will come with 8-megapixel camera and Gingerbread Android OS)"

bplewis24

Reaction score
The specs for the 9250 are loosely lining up with the sources of the Nexus Prime that Phil Nickinson leaked on Android Central. Let's hope there is some truth to them.

Brandon

barski

Reaction score
5" phone is the max for me. Not the display but the whole phone itself. My Droid X is 5.02" and its a good size, but the screen could be bigger by removing the hard keys and pushing the screen closer to the edges. Maybe a touch wider wouldn't hurt either.

Those are some impressive spec's. Its making the Bionic less and less tempting by the day. the sad truth? i'll probably get one...:)

I gotta say this "Congrats Motorola, you boned yourself again!" Should have release it earlier and not risked more time for people to find leaks of better phones.

-that is all, carry on.:D

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
4.6 and 5.2 inches? I know smartphones have gone big again in recent years...but that pushing it. 4.3 is already pushing it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Naa, bring on the big screens! I'll wear it around my neck like Flavor Flav!

bhall238

Reaction score
I agree, Motorola waited too long. What kind of time frame do you think we are looking at on some of these phones from Samsung?

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I agree, Motorola waited too long. What kind of time frame do you think we are looking at on some of these phones from Samsung?
On Verizon? I'm sure a long ass time. But I want a 4.5 in screen so bad and 4.6 sounds awesome. Anyone who has held the Infuse knows what I'm talking about!

bplewis24

Reaction score
4.6 and 5.2 inches? I know smartphones have gone big again in recent years...but that pushing it. 4.3 is already pushing it.

It's already been verified that a 4.6" ICS screen can fit onto the same sized phone that fits current 4.3" screens (because ICS loses the soft-touch/capacitive buttons, which frees up screen real-estate).

Nexus Prime - Page 14 - Android Forums

We don't know for a fact that that's what's going to happen, but it is at least possible.

Brandon

bplewis24

Reaction score
Oh, and the rumored launch dates of the first ICS phones are anywhere from Mid-October to after Thanksgiving.

Brandon

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

It's already been verified that a 4.6" ICS screen can fit onto the same sized phone that fits current 4.3" screens (because ICS loses the soft-touch/capacitive buttons, which frees up screen real-estate).

Nexus Prime - Page 14 - Android Forums

We don't know for a fact that that's what's going to happen, but it is at least possible.

Brandon

Ah ok. Bring on ICS then...lol

Word of the LG Revolution 2 has me wanting to pass on the GS2 and Bionic again. The next few weeks, months will be interesting. Its also supposed to have a higher res screen, be thin with LTE.

Not hearing good things about the U.S. version of the GS2...might wind up being a totally different phone internally and might not be LTE.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want no bigger than 4.3 - otherwise it won't fit in my pocket.

Bionic is coming to my jeans!