[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S IV Pictured Perhaps

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s-iv-leaked-pic-rumor.jpg

The above pic is supposedly of the Samsung Galaxy S IV. For now, we suggest you take this with a grain of salt, because this is likely just the first of a deluge of rumor and innuendo. Regardless, it looks plausible and worth sharing. If this is the real deal, it would be somewhat "retro" in some ways. As you can see, this design harkens back to the original Galaxy S; however, it does have some notable new qualities. Here are some of them below, along with the newest rumored specs:
  • Samsung finally eliminates the physical home button
  • 4.99-inch 1080p (1920x1080) Super AMOLED display
  • Mali-T658 GPU
  • Fits into a very small frame with an edge-to-edge tiny bezel
  • 2GHz quad-core Exynos chipset
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 13MP camera
  • Android 4.2.1 (Out of the box)
The rumors continue to circulate that we might actually see this debut at CES, yet we are still holding on to the notion that Samsung will instead hold their own press release later on in March, April or May. More than likely this pic is bogus, but that doesn't mean that some of the finer points imagined in it aren't going to be true in the long run. As always, we will keep our ear to the ground for anything more concrete. In the mean-time, feel free to sound off if you think this design would be a good direction for Samsung.

Source: SamMobile

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine Samsung would do a phone with an identical shape / form factor to an iPhone after all they've been through over the past year. But you know I'm always a cynic... :)

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I like the design, but you can tell that's just a rendering. I still don't think it looks like an iPhone. Candy bar style, duh, but what's not these days?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed with all points above. This is obviously a fake, yet it's possible the edge-to-edge design might actually show up in the actual product, which makes this an intriguing visual clue of what the display part of the device might actually look like. More than likely almost all smartphones will start moving to this edge-to-edge display dynamic, and I think it's an excellent (although obvious) evolution of the product. 2013 could be the year we see phones start to differentiate themselves on their aesthetic appeal more than their internal hardware.

thebird36

Reaction score
I don't know how i feel about the size though I have the nexus now and I think that's a reasonable size and I think the biggest I would go is 4.8 like the s3. Phones are just getting too big.