(Rumor) Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to sport a 6.3-inch screen, according to latest rumors!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
maxresdefault.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is expected to flaunt minimal bezels and curved edges (as can be seen from the sketch above) and a rear fingerprint scanner. The massive 6.3-inch screen will be powered by Snapdragon 835 and/or an Exynos chipset paired with 6GB RAM and 256GB ROM. The device should run Android 7.1.2 Nougat with TouchWiz. Other features include S-Pen and IP 68 rating. To keep the lights on there will be a 3,600 mAh battery with fast charging and wireless charging support. It has been confirmed again The Note 8 will feature a dual camera setup on its back. So far, the only major differences between the S8 and the Note 8 are the screen size, the cameras, and possibly the inclusion of a stylus with sound. The rumor that it will contain a speaker might be even better. A speaker within the S Pen top could shoot audio out of the pen, making it replace the speaker grille.

Source
Source 2

Last edited:

ktklein72

Reaction score
Why can't they just put the fingerprint reader under the glass already? I have the S8, not even the larger S8+ and I cannot effectively reach it while holding it in my right hand. I am looking forward to the Note but that's one thing I'm not looking forward to if it comes to fruition.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
i was hoping for the 6.4 inch it was originally rumored to have, that would have been an upgrade. am liking the stereo speaker rumor as well to bad they can't figure out how to have those speakers on the face of the phone (facing you) that would be nice.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I really, really hate phablets. I have a laptop and tablet for when I need a larger screen. I want comfortable one-handed use of my phone that doesn't look like a comical brick slab held up to my ear. Funny thing is, aside from photos and videos that screen real estate is wasted on most people who have minimalist home set-ups (fashion over function).

OF COURSE "no one wants" a smaller device because they don't give us anything remotely decent to choose in that range (and even "mid-tier" devices have moved into 5.2"+ territory).

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I too thought I'd hate the size of a phablet but have come to love it. My N5 is so convenient and does absolutely everything I need so much so that I rarely touch my tablet, laptop or PC. When I do have to go to laptop or PC, I'm perturbed bc it is a pita.

As a phone, I rarely use it to talk while holding it to my ear. I use either headset or speaker. Not a problem for me bc I refuse to talk on my phone in public places. Will go to privacy of my car or home first.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I do use my speakerphone mostly. But I have an 8.4" tablet, that actually fits in my pocket if I really want to.

And I guess I'm old, because I prefer to use my keyboard to post messages, send email, etc.. My ultrabook is awesome, and usually nearby easy enough to pick up. Gets a hair warm on my lap sometimes, but it's more comfortable not having to hold anything.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
So funny because now I use swipe so much and love it's convenience that I find myself trying to swipe the few times I use a physical keyboard.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love swipe on my phone, though make my share of typos. I can still type way faster on a keyboard.