[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Supposedly Confirmed with 6" Glass, NOT Flexible OLED

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung_Galaxy_Note_III_Leaked_Image_491-450x337.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been one of those roller-coaster style headliners for some time. One moment it is scheduled to debut with Samsung's new flexible OLED technology, and the next it isn't, then it's back on again, ad infinitum. Today the pendulum swings back to the "not" category. According to the latest intel, the Samsung Galaxy S3 (pictured above from a previous leak - although this pic has nothing to do with this story) is already in manufacturing and will NOT be coming with the flexible OLED, but instead has a traditional glass display. This source also supposedly confirmed the device will come in with a behemoth 6-inch display. Here's a quote with a few additional details,

In the report it is speculated that Samsung is not ready to mass produce flexible OLED displays and are currently only capable of manufacturing 24,000 screens a month. LG, who had also hinted at a flexible device by year’s end, is reportedly also having problems mass-producing their flexible display.

Aside from the display, the Note III is rumored to have an Exynos Octa-core processor clocked at 2GHz for the A15 processor and 1.7GHz for the A7 processor, 3 GB of RAM, and runs Android 4.2.2. It is likely to be revealed at IFA 2013 in Berlin with a possible launch in the third quarter of this year.

What do you guys think? Do you care if it comes with a flexible screen or not?

Source: TalkAndroid

Last edited:

djsiva

Reaction score
Pic is sooooooo fake... :) Look at that bezel at the bottom. There's no way they're going up to 6" and leaving that bezel. I think this ended up being a Chinese phone or something.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Any phone that does not fit comfortably into a standard pocket is too big.

I think my preference probably tops out at 5", and only if there's minimal bezel.

bigdad63

Reaction score
Hopefully they seriously minimize the bezel to go wider instead of long and narrow. Hopefully they do high quality front facing speakers.hopefully they fix the bug that is causing lag with many galaxy s fours before they launch it. and hopefully they give the camera some good low light shooting so that it doesn't get embarrassed by the Lumia cameras and the HTC One .if they can do all of this then they will get my money. Otherwise I will just continue to use my galaxy s3.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
it's just to big... I love the note 2... love it... I cannot stand anything bigger, this is already to big for one handed use. unless they make the bezel smaller maybe, then maybe I'd be interested.

honestly if sony came out with a device that has a stylus I'd jump in a heartbeat

bigdad63

Reaction score
Sony looks like they make a good product, but I would never ever buy a phone with on screen buttons in their current form.