[Rumor] Motorola X Phone's real name is Motorola NXT; Specs and Blurry Pic

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-nxt-phone.jpg

We have a new and fairly dubious rumor about the Motorola X Phone. Supposedly, the new device is actually called the Motorola NXT, instead of the X Phone. We also have some specs and a blurry pic of an ad for it (shown above). Take all of this with a heavy dose of salt, but here are those specs,
  • 4.7 inch FHD display with a 468ppi pixel density (same display as the HTC One)
  • Quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 4i
  • 16MP camera will be on the back
  • Front-facing 5MP camera will also track your eye movement to control scrolling on the screen
  • Dimensions of 131.2 x 66.7 x 7.9 mm, (this would be smaller, thinner and lighter than Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD)
No other specifics were shared in this new rumor, like a launch date, although our previous rumors still sugget a Google I/O launch in May.

So basically, this Motorola NXT is the "next" phone... what do you guys think of these new rumors?

Source: PhoneArena

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Can't wait for the MP wars to give way to a quality lens and sensor. Next year we'll have 36MP cameras and the same crappy ass pictures as the phones of 4 years ago.

Rodimus4180

Reaction score
As long as this thing has a decent quad core processor, a hi def screen ( I like YouTube and Netflix) at least a 2500mah battery, sd card support, and above all else good radios, I'm on this thing like white on rice. Oh yeah a decent price for off contract and on Verizon of course... :D

End of Line.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for the MP wars to give way to a quality lens and sensor. Next year we'll have 36MP cameras and the same crappy ass pictures as the phones of 4 years ago.

I was going to say the same thing....most likely thing to be noteable about this phone is the ability to clearly see just how bad the camera is.

But to your point...HTC has that ultra-pixel 5MP camera coming out - and watch it flop.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
All I can say is my LG Dare from 2008 had a 3.2MP camera that did and still will smoke the picture quality of todays most elite smartphones with a Schneider-Kreuznach certified lens.

IT WAS A FEATURE PHONE THAT IS FIVE YEARS OLD. :dry:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I just hope it's on Verizon and has an unlockable bootloader.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Such a slim form factor makes me worry about battery size or the follow up effect of Motorola nxt maxx.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I just hope it's on Verizon and has an unlockable bootloader.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh but I'm not sure why anyone would expect this from a Moto-Verizon phone at this point. Would be nice though. :disappointed:

Reaction score
I hope google dose right by this phone and make it worth the hype

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

As long as their are uneducated consumers, high megapixel count will always be what the masses want and buy. And will swear to the end that their 18mp camera takes the best pictures of any camera on the market. Just because they think mp means better picture.