[Rumor] More LG Nexus Pics Show Up; Device Appears in Carphone Warehouse Inventory

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
optimus_nexus_2.jpeg
optimus_nexus_1.jpeg

A phone with the name LG Nexus 4 has supposedly shown up in the Carphone Warehouse inventory system (in both a black and white version). Additionally, a couple more leaked pics of the device have emerged. The rumors and intel regarding this device are coming so fast and furious now, this would have to be the most elaborate fake in a very long time. The specs for this phone mirror some of the previous rumors as well. Here's what was said about this one:
  • 8GB of internal storage
  • 8MP camera
  • Quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro clocked at 1.5GHz
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 768×1184 resolution display
More than likely the phone will not be called the Nexus 4, and this name in the Carphone Warehouse inventory system is simply a place-holder. Right now most of the intel still pegs the name as the LG Optimus Nexus, although other variations are possible.

Source: Phandroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
8 GB is too low. I got the 8 GB Nexus 7 and I really wished I had gotten the 16.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wow.. the phone market place is becoming very tempting... I've been waiting and waiting... now there's so many awesome devices coming out... I'm salivating...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
8 GB is too low. I got the 8 GB Nexus 7 and I really wished I had gotten the 16.

I was going to get an 8gb and figured why not go for the 16. I am VERY glad I did. I have been using my N7 way more than I thought and am down to 2 gigs free of the 13.7 available. I wish they had a 32 gig version. I have a 32gig flash drive and an OTG cable for stuff like movies/music.

WestOkid

Reaction score
Yeah 8 gigs is suspect. With unlimited data plans being phased out, cloud streaming is either too costly or requires stressful management. Add that to the fact that Android is working really hard to discourage SD cards, and 8 gigs sounds really limiting to the power user.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe the phone will come with some extra free Google Cloud storage, since it is a new Nexus... Of course, that doesn't make a difference for app installs, just stored data. 8GB certainly does seem a bit low.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Many GSM Nexus owners were unhappy with only having 16...why would Google cut that in half? 8 GB is grossly low. Especially since Google won't include micro SD expansion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bluefire7002

Reaction score
Im pretty sure this will be a 16gig or even 32gig. Why would the go down to 8? phone looks nice but whats with the giant bezel? There better be some really big battery in there or some sick looking notification light to make up for that bezel

Reaction score
Who else looked at this and was kinda glad apple wasn't the one to make the galaxy nexus? freakishly similar.