[Rumor] More & Different Specs for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Leak

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-Note-III-back-and-front-side-angle.jpg

It seems like the rumor-mill for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is just as varied and contradictory as that of the Motorola X Phone. Each week it seems like we get new and conflicting specs "leaked" for either device. Today's newest rumint suggests the GNote3 will come with a whopping 6-inch display, yet still only take up the same space as the 5.8-inch Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8. Unless Samsung has somehow figured out how to defy the laws of physics, we find this assertion dubious at best, (although they are likely referring to the total combined casing size of the previous device apart from its display). Still, we are intrigued by this new info, so here's a quote with the details,

If the displays with a plastic substrate aren't ready for mass production yet, Samsung will apparently go with a "casual" 5.99" Full HD Super AMOLED panel, with the same novel diamond pixel structure we find on the excellent Galaxy S4 screen. The bezel is said to be very thin, and the whole thing will be as compact for the screen size as the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8, which is pictured in the thumbnail.

Equally impressive are the reiterated internals, such as an Exynos 5 Octa processor with eight-core Mali-450 GPU, 3 GB of RAM, 13 MP camera, and a new phablet-y TouchWiz Nature UX to introduce some more good use out of such a large display, paired with a stylus.

This same source is suggesting that Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie is a possibility for the device, but that isn't anything we haven't heard before. What do you guys think of this one? If these rumors prove accurate, will this be a good size phone, or just too honkin' big?

Source: PhoneArena

bigdad63

Reaction score
My GS3 is working great, so the GS4 isn't enough to get my money. That said, if the N3 has improved low light shooting (at least as good as the One), front facing speakers (the more I hear the One's speakers, the more I hate the rear ones) and the expected processor and screen improvements, I will buy it. UNLESS, HTC brings a bigger screen, bigger battery, bigger and /or expandable storage version to Verizon first. (okay stop laughing, we all know that they are not smart enough to do that). *

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Funny thing about a device this size....kinda screams "I spend WAAAAYYYYY too much time staring at my phone", either that or it says you can't afford a tablet AND a phone. Or maybe you just have really bad eyes.

Like wearing a giant, gaudy watch. Just a little too much for good taste :)

floodee123

Reaction score
When Samsung announced flexible displays one of the devices had the screen that was stretched around the side of it. That would make sense that they could make a 6" screen on a smaller phone...by " wrapping" the screen. right???

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Funny thing about a device this size....kinda screams "I spend WAAAAYYYYY too much time staring at my phone", either that or it says you can't afford a tablet AND a phone. Or maybe you just have really bad eyes.

or D) none of the above! :icon_censored: