[Rumor] Microsoft May Be Preparing to Offer Office on Android and iOS

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
apple-ipad-microsoft-office-online.jpg

This news slipped through the cracks a bit because there was more pressing news to cover, but even though it is a couple days old, we thought it worth mentioning. Apparently, there is a rumor that Microsoft will start offering their Microsoft Office Suite on Android and iOS sometime the year. Supposedly, Microsoft is planning for a November launch of the mobile version of their Office product.

The sources of this story indicated that they have actually seen the product running on tablets, although Microsoft has categorically denied that the app exists. This report seems to back up previous rumors that Microsoft may be planning this move. Who knows why they would deny it, other than they want to make their future marketing campaign more cost effective. We will keep you informed if we find out more.

Source: BGR

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm not a heavy user for word processing or spreadsheets, but I'd buy it. There is always that time where I need to open and modify an Office file and I end up having to use LogMeIn to remote home and do it which takes way longer. That is if it comes at the right price.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It's a good move, and makes sense. I think 2010 introduced that free online MS office.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll need new underwear when and if someone figures out how to make Visual Basic custom macros function on an Android version of Excel. That's the main thing holding me back from using a tablet at work. My spreadsheets depend on custom macros.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
That would be pretty cool on a tablet...I hope they don't make the cost outrageous...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This will be epic on one of those new 22 inch tablets lmao

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't foresee myself doing any kind of heavy document/spreadsheet work on a tablet without a keyboard, but other than that sounds good.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exactly, 10-15 is the most that I would pay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Good luck getting that price...its 150 bucks for the PC version. Its ridiculous. I'd bet 50-75 bucks would be a decent pricing point though I could certainly see MS pricing it competitively with the PC version.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha, yeah it's quite expensive. If they make it 50, I can see myself buying it for my Prime. But probably no more than that.

Jeyman

Reaction score
it have to be full blown MS office for that price. As it stands a lot of the 10~15 do a decent amount of what office can do.