[Rumor] Images of AT&T Variant of Samsung Galaxy SII with Slide-Out Keyboard

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BGR-att-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-slider-1.jpg

We typically try to keep things Verizon-focused here on DroidForums, but this was interesting and strange enough news, that I wanted to share it here also. The tech site BGR supposedly have confirmed that the above image, and the additional images in the link below, are of a new variant of the Samsung Galaxy SII that is AT&T's version. This new variant obviously has a slide-out keyboard, which is a surprising thing to see, considering one of the selling points of the device was that it was so thin and light. Here's a quote from the BGR article,
Live images of the device reveal the Galaxy S II model number, SGH-I927, along with additional details surrounding the sleek Gingerbread phone.
It seems odd to me that the AT&T version would be so much different that the original version, but I suppose stranger things have happened. There was no indication of pricing or availability yet, and I suppose we will just have to play "wait and see" to determine the veracity of this info. Take a look at the additional pics and let us know in this thread what you think.

Here is a link to the rest of the pics: Additional AT&T SGH-I927 Samsung Galaxy SII with Slider Pics

Source: BGR

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Unless it's a slide like Asus, it doesn't work on a tablet, really. You need to have something that angles the screen.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
All that yellow screams Sprint not ATT.

I know... right? I was thinking the same thing when I saw the pics... "Hmm... that looks like a Sprint phone."

Good work as always dgstorm.

And... thank you sqchram! ;)

Droid Charge has a yellow theme and it's on VZ .

I don't think this is a Galaxy SII phone , the screen has a backlight so it's LCD not AMOLED , this would be the first Galaxy 1 or 2 with an LCD