[Rumor] Google Joins Samsung & Apple in Smartwatch Wars; Wearable Computing Trend?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-smartwatch-patent.jpg

It looks like Google is planning on jumping even deeper into the wearable computing waters by joining both Samsung and Apple in the Smartwatch wars of the future. Insider sources have supposedly confirmed they are working on a smartwatch of their own and already have a patent approved for it. This patent was specifically for a “smart watch” which will have a dual-screen “flip-up display”, with a “tactile user interface” (touchscreen) and a camera.

According to the insider source, this new Google smartwatch will be similar to Google Glass in both design and functionality. This could mean a number of things, from augmented reality pop up displays, to a cohesive design aesthetic so you can have matching devices. Perhaps we will get a better glimpse of this at Google I/O this year!

Source: Google working on rival to Apple's iWatch - Independent.ie

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
my watch needs to be waterproof, indestructible with infinite power supply. lets see them pull this off.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
my watch needs to be waterproof, indestructible with infinite power supply. lets see them pull this off.

My watch already does nearly all of what those will do. It keeps accurate time and has stopwatch/timer functions. It has the citizen ecodrive (i think that is what its called, i forget) so the battery never dies. A watch that would last a day at most is useless, plus...I carry my phone everywhere!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
*yawn*
How I feel pretty much about all this "watch" crap coming out.

And SHOCKINGLY Sony beat everyone anyway. VZW already sells Sony's "Smart Watch".

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Don't care unless they can make a multipurpose Omnitool like in the Mass Effect games.