[RUMOR] Galaxy Note 3 Release Date Rumored For 2013 According to Korea Times report

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

2012-1217-011_zps0633a5c2.jpg

One of our members on our sister site, Android.net, posted an article I thought was interesting. I'm just gonna post his story here as well.

"On Thursday, the Korea Times reported that a Galaxy Note 3 using a great 6.3-inch display is preparing to launch in 2013. The tablet-smartphone hybrid grew from a 5.3-inch display to a 5.5-inch screen in its second generation, and now Samsung is rumored to step it up an additional notch.

While Samsung fans may possibly nonetheless be rejoicing more than the company’s Samsung Galaxy Note 2 launches, the brand new handset’s successor could very nicely be in the operates. The handset’s currently colossal screen is expected to acquire about an inch in length, rumors say.

The Korea-based manufacturer is speedy to tout sales numbers produced by its new “phablet” category, as the business just boasted final month that it sold five million Galaxy Note two units in just two months. This really is about double the sales rate on the original Galaxy Note.Galaxy Note 3 Release Date Rumored For 2013."

Samsung also seems to become porting the design components of its broadly successful Galaxy S3 for the phablet, because the second-generation Galaxy Note functions the same nature-inspired body curved edges as its flagship handset. Similarly, Samsung decided to launch its new Note on virtually all key carriers within the Usa just since it did with its Galaxy S3. It really is predecessor, however, was launched as an AT&T exclusive."

Via: nice365 at Galaxy Note 3 Release Date Rumored For 2013 According to Korea Times reported

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Almost wishes ya they would stop making phones for a year or two so ya can catch up...

jspradling7

Reaction score
I have a Charge, Gnex, Kindle Fire, and Nexus 10. And my opinion (worth what ya paid for it) is this,

5" and smaller is the right size for phones. That's big enough to use and enjoy the abilities of what smartphones offer now days and still be comfortable to hold and operate. I keep my phone on my belt so anything bigger starts to be inconvenient. I would probably get a Note II if I was buying a new phone, it's really nice, but at 5.5 it's just a little too big for me.

7" is about the right size for tablets. I don't need a device that big as a phone. I can tether to a phone (on my belt) for access if wifi is not available. And it's not too big to keep handy.

My 10" tablet is great around the house but I don't feel a desire to pick it up and take it with me anywhere. Maybe if I had to attend classes it would be more use to me but not at work. I have computers around me all day and it's easier for me to access one of those than to grab the big tablet. I like my 10" tablet but it has a small niche to fill in my daily uses. Anything bigger than this is laptop territory to me.

As for this Note 3 rumor... it may be great for some folk, but it's too big to be a phone for me. If it's an attempt to fill the need of both a 5" phone and a 7" tablet, I'll stick with 2 devices instead.

t35rk

Reaction score
For some odd reason,I dont think the Note 2 owners are feeling the Love you're feeling.:angry:

Nah. Haters are going to hate.

I love my GS3, but I would love a Note 2 even more. I'm sure a lot of Note 2 owners are going to feel the same way about a Note 3.

t35rk

Reaction score
For some odd reason,I dont think the Note 2 owners are feeling the Love you're feeling.:angry:

In the past, updated phones were released that compensated for already flawed devices. The Razr Maxx covering up the poor battery life of the Razr is a good example. This legitimately angered some owners of the original.

These new releases aren't like that. They aren't compensating for any weakness. They just offer more awesomeness (bigger screen) in addition to an already great phone. There is no reason to get upset.

I'm all for Samsung or any other Android OEM for pumping out new great devices that push the envelop, but the key is that it's a world class great device.

Reaction score
Just bought a Note 2 at the beginning of the month and I absolutely love this phone. I'm pretty sure once the Note 3 comes out, I will have to fight every urge to buy it. :p Here's hoping the Note 4 will still be 5.5 inches and have that fancy schmancy flexible OLED screen :D

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Sounds awesome. The Note 2 is the best phone I have ever owned. Just building upon perfection

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

Jumper2501

Reaction score
I have a Charge, Gnex, Kindle Fire, and Nexus 10. And my opinion (worth what ya paid for it) is this,

5" and smaller is the right size for phones. That's big enough to use and enjoy the abilities of what smartphones offer now days and still be comfortable to hold and operate. I keep my phone on my belt so anything bigger starts to be inconvenient.
I'm pretty much with you on this, although I went and held a Note II the other day, and think I could go with it. It's funny....I spent nearly eight years living in Europe, during which time I always went after the latest, smallest phone. I owned an early Windows model PDA. Once I got back stateside, went to Verizon and ordered a phone/PDA combo. The funny part is, I decided to get an additional line with a flip phone, so I wouldn't have to hold something with a nearly 5-inch screen up to my ear to make calls.

7" is about the right size for tablets. I don't need a device that big as a phone. I can tether to a phone (on my belt) for access if wifi is not available. And it's not too big to keep handy.
I also create wifi for my tablet, but it's the 10-inch Asus Transformer Infinity. I use it a great deal at work, but there have been plenty of times I wished I had a 7-inch tablet to carry around. I just don't have the portability with my tablet.

RL52

Reaction score
The Note 2 is the best phone I have ever owned. Galaxy Note 3 Release Date is not to say at CES?Is not it?

the note 3 won't be announced until q3 :)
the only thing that really bugs me is touchwiz. before ics came touchwiz was fine but stock android is now looking so stylish that there is no need to revamp each and every menu or button. just give us touchwiz as a seperate launcher and that's it :D