Rubix Focused 1.6 System Update Question

ZombieSixShot

Reaction score
So i hear the new OTA update is out, im running Focused 1.6 version 2.3.15 and when i try to go to system update to get the ota new one its just a plain black screen...still new to the rom community and was wondering what i was doing wrong.

Thanks in advance

teh_g

Reaction score
You can't get OTA updates while on a custom ROM. You need to switch to a backup of your stock image. Your safest option is to SBF back to stock Froyo and then take the OTA update. You will then need to root again and install the rubiX ROM again.

mcp770

Reaction score
Ota is disabled in focused from what I understand. You have to sbf to stock 2.3.15 then update, reroot, and flash latest Rubix. OR, if you were a forward thinking individual restore the nandroid backup you made before installing the rom and update ota after. Can't update ota with a blurrless rom installed anyway because the ota patches existing blur elements and you not having them would just cause update failure.

OP
Z

ZombieSixShot

Reaction score
ok i switched back to my backup of my stock image im updating now to .34 and im going to then backup again and then is it ok to install rubix focused 1.9 or is that only for .32?

sephtin

Reaction score
ok i switched back to my backup of my stock image im updating now to .34 and im going to then backup again and then is it ok to install rubix focused 1.9 or is that only for .32?

The leak version of Focused will work fine on 2.3.320 as well as 2.3.340.

OP
Z

ZombieSixShot

Reaction score
...everytime i go to install .34 it boots into clockwork recovery mod. how do i stop that, once i reboot again i get an update failed. uninstall clockwork im guessing?

Last edited: