rsdlite & vm ware

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what VMware is after doing a little research so please explain a little more there...and did you try it?

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
VM Did not work for me

I'm on Ubuntu 10.04. I tried using it on an XP VM through VirtualBox and it didn't go to well. It seemed to be the USB interface that kept messing up.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what VMware is after doing a little research so please explain a little more there...and did you try it?

Vm ware is a virtual system. If you have linux on your comp and want to run xp like an actual system you use a program like vm ware.

It sets up a virtual drive and everything. It's pretty cool.

SteveONCSU

Reaction score

Vm ware is a virtual system. If you have linux on your comp and want to run xp like an actual system you use a program like vm ware.

It sets up a virtual drive and everything. It's pretty cool.

My problem was the USB config. I didn't feel like coming up with some workaround so I dug up an older XP laptop just to get the recovery file over.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope, it doesn't work. The only way to do it is to use bootcamp and then install a copy of windows. I think the problem is in the installation of the drivers for RSD Lite/SBF Recovery.