RootJunky Finds A Factory Reset Protection Bypass For The Droid Turbo 2!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Rootjunky has been going crazy with these Factory Reset Protection methods over the past month or so. He has found so many holes that Google has actually taken notice. They are now working with him to get these holes patched. According to Tom this could be a venture that takes a few weeks. The holes that have been found are kind of laughable. Being able to do things like unlock a bootloader while the phone is in "factory reset protection" mode is kind of a black eye for Google. Luckily this all should be patched very soon.

The easiest way to not land on the FRP page is to remember to log out of your accounts from the settings menu prior to factory resetting your phone. If you somehow forgot to logout you will be stuck at the FRP screen. Tom has found a method for getting past this screen on the Motorola Droid Turbo. This time the method only takes about 5 minutes, but is still pretty crazy! Check out the video above and follow directions carefully!

Claps1775

Reaction score
Any way to get this to work on .49? For less then $75 you can get a Google account locked turbo. Been thinking about buying one. Not sure what update it has.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not sure. RootJunky would know. I wonder though, since he's now working with Google whether he would be willing to reveal. On a similar vein I wonder if he'd disclose how to Bootloader unlock the Turbo 2 (mine, in specific!) ;)