Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I thought that'd be built into the Cyanogenmod Settings part, but not having an Eris I'm not sure what they did include and what they didn't.

Even with 2.2, yeah, you can't run Flash because the CPU won't hit 800MHz, one of the few requirements to run Flash on Linux.

beamer182

Reaction score
haha and you're right again. now ive got a cyan status bar lol XD
thanks dude!
and yeah...that part about flash sucks. but oh well.

beamer182

Reaction score
Screenshot of home screen. Running KaosFroyo v39 with ADW Gingerbread Theme overlay. Customized notification bar via CynaogenMod. Running like a top, never better.
Like I said before, any suggestions for mods or apps or anything else are much appreciated. Thanks everyone!

danrodz

Reaction score
No need for apologies whatsoever, you did what you knew! no shame in that! :D
YESS FroYo is insanely fantastic without a shadow of a doubt.
Have another question though, what is the best ROM to flash? meaning, what is the most visually appealing, user friendly and bug free ROM available?

I would add that gingershedbread is totally worth a look. Its based on cm7 (which is gingerbread based) runs smooth sweet and stable! I put it on a friends phone and she absolutely loves how snappy her eris is now. Check it out!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

beamer182

Reaction score
That sounds fantastic! speed is everything for sure. Actually though, after researching and looking into gingerbread a bit, I found that Kaos does his own version of gingerbread, and it seems really quite good. I find that his ROMS are very reliable and almost never fail or crash. For that reason, I think I may just try to flash this ROM and see if it's at a stage usable for daily use. Any thoughts?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The Eris did have Gingerbread first -- it's probably pretty stable by now. Just make a backup so if it's not right you can revert right back to where you are now. :)

beamer182

Reaction score
I've got oh so much to say. I'm now using gingerbread which looks and acts amazing. I flashed GSB (GingerShedBread) v1.7 which works like a dream. It is as visually appealing as it possibly could be. No flaws, and completely functional. It's now my daily ROM :)

mamawm

Reaction score
congratulations on your achievement! i just might just have to do a little research on gsb and try it out myself.

kevozworld

Reaction score
I just wanted to know if rooting my LG Ally would be worth my time. If so, what advantages would I gain from this?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

bilderberg

Reaction score
I just rooted my Ally again last night after upgrading to froyo a few months ago. I missed having it rooted! It is definitely worth it to root.

For instance you can use your phone as a 3g hot spot for FREE, instead of paying verizon 20 dollars a month. You can get rid of LG/Verizon bloatware that inundates these things. Now the hotspot program I use is barnacle. It works pretty well for me. I was tinkering around and got my xbox to work halfway with it. I say halfway because I couldn't get my nat settings taken care of.

I used Super one click 1.7 and it worked the very first time. I had a few problems with an earlier version. It kept looping and not rooting the phone.

bilderberg

Reaction score
I know this a quasi-old thread but I just rooted my ally last night with super one click 1.7. It worked the very first try whereas 1.5 kept looping on me. Just thought id let people know that want to root their phones.

I've been reading over this forum for the last few months, and thought id finally drop in and say hello. :)

kevozworld

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for the info! Oh one more thing, will it void my warrenty if I root? And can I unroot my phone if I change my mind?

bilderberg

Reaction score
It will void your warranty, BUT super one click comes with the option to unroot so you can take it off at any time. You still need to follow the directions carefully though. Rooting can brick your phone if you don't follow directions.

DrPepper721

Reaction score
I was mostly wondering about rooting my droid charge.

I was thinking about the bad things like bricking but then the good things like custom roms.

Can you please tell me what I can mostly do in rooting and then the bad possibilities that can happen to my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums