Rooting vs. Needs

rusty815

Reaction score
there are some 3g hacks you can do while rooted that improves your 3g connection on cdma as well as gsm.

mms can only be sent through 3g, so if you disable 3g or sometimes if you have wifi on you wont be able to send them.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I thought Verizon supports 2G CDMA data, not just 3G.

MMS requires a data connection, that's all. It doesn't matter if it's 2G or 3G.

americanz

Reaction score
there are some 3g hacks you can do while rooted that improves your 3g connection on cdma as well as gsm.

mms can only be sent through 3g, so if you disable 3g or sometimes if you have wifi on you wont be able to send them.

I'm rooted and I have my wifi on allthe time. I send mms just fine. It souns to me like you have something frozen you shouldnt

Sent from my D2 GB Apex 2.0 @1.4ghz

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Please explain to me how rooting made your 3g connection better. I'm dying to hear this.

Ever hear of flashing a new baseband? Or a different ROM? I have done both and I don't have to toggle my airplane mode on and off every 5 minutes like I did when I was stock.

CM74DX

OP
R
Reaction score
Please explain to me how rooting made your 3g connection better. I'm dying to hear this.

Ever hear of flashing a new baseband? Or a different ROM? I have done both and I don't have to toggle my airplane mode on and off every 5 minutes like I did when I was stock.

CM74DX

Actually its not even that. Ive just used all the different roms for about a week and stock rooted has worked the best for me. It had the best 3G connection for me. I dont know how, maybe its just the phone. Im just telling you what i noticed.

leobg

Reaction score

CM74DX

Not sure about Droid X which it seems you are using, but with D2G which we discuss here, you cannot flash different baseband unless it is signed by Motorola.