Rooting + Sim Unlock?

stereoactivo

Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought a Droid 2 Global, but I'm living outside the USA, and I can't use the phone :angry:

I want to know if I root and flash a ROM into it, Can I make calls with my phone? Thanks.

millerjy

Reaction score
I currently live in Kuwait and I had issues with Verizon initially getting it unlocked all I could do was use it on wifi with google voice. I dont know much about how it works but once I got the correct code from Verizon global support it worked like a charm. I just updated it today and had to SBF it and was worried I would loose the unlock but it stayed. So the unlock function has to happen on a completely different level. I know when Verizon was giving me trouble I looked into other sites claiming they could crack the code but I dont know if they work.

Also if you do end up getting it to work and want to use data be sure to set your APN. It took me a few weeks and two carriers how to figure it out.

Best of luck

While looking on forum I came across this.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...website-offering-working-d2g-unlock-code.html

Last edited:

red_baron

Reaction score
how to ask for unlock code from Verizon

I currently live in Kuwait and I had issues with Verizon initially getting it unlocked all I could do was use it on wifi with google voice. I dont know much about how it works but once I got the correct code from Verizon global support it worked like a charm. I just updated it today and had to SBF it and was worried I would loose the unlock but it stayed. So the unlock function has to happen on a completely different level. I know when Verizon was giving me trouble I looked into other sites claiming they could crack the code but I dont know if they work.

Also if you do end up getting it to work and want to use data be sure to set your APN. It took me a few weeks and two carriers how to figure it out.

Best of luck

While looking on forum I came across this.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...website-offering-working-d2g-unlock-code.html

I'm in the same situation :(

Can you tell me please how did you managed to get the correct code from Verizon?

Many thanks ahead!