Rooting my thunderbolt.

Alexander24

Reaction score
The thunderbolt is my first droid based phone ever, and rooting it seems difficult. I'm willing to learn whatever is necessary, but I'm looking for the easiest method. I'm the programmer for my robotics team, but we use labView, so its totally different. Suggestions?

Sent from my thunderbolt.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, there is no one click method for the tbolt? (Ex. Z4root?)

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

dark juggalo

Reaction score
You need to read, read and then read some more..this can brick your TB.
with that said heres some info to get you started.

[ROOT] PermRoot + Unlock Bootloader - Safer/Easier 4/21/2011 - xda-developers

and a video that shows u how...watch it at least twice before starting.

[video=youtube;oKPSe12YDxQ]http://youtu.be/oKPSe12YDxQ]YouTube - How to Root the HTC Thunderbolt, Setting up ADB - Step 1[/video] ADB + step 1
[video=youtube;mc6EMdPpF6o]http://youtu.be/mc6EMdPpF6o]YouTube - How to Root the HTC Thunderbolt, Steps 2-9[/video] steps 2-9

I used this method and got it done without too much stress.

these guys did a great job of putting these together.

there are other methods that are here on the forum,but I'm not familiar w/them...maybe some of the others will put in there 2cents and let you know how they worked out.

OP
A

Alexander24

Reaction score
thanks for the tips, ill keep reading then make my decision.

Sent from Zues

alboboy10

Reaction score
The thunderbolt is my first droid based phone ever, and rooting it seems difficult. I'm willing to learn whatever is necessary, but I'm looking for the easiest method. I'm the programmer for my robotics team, but we use labView, so its totally different. Suggestions?

Sent from my thunderbolt.

I used lab view. I finished civil engineering and I programmed robots also.

This is easier to do lol

aaron3488

Reaction score
I need help I tried rooting my thunderbolt saved tge ruu to SD completed all steps in nat3mil videos and rebooted the phone erased my data but didn't root not sure why I have root explorer tried hacking tapfish by going into data folder it says my phone isn't rooted please help I need it rooted to hack tapfish please email me at [email protected] or reply to this thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums