Rooting my Rezound

dad2adammegan

Reaction score
So I upgraded from a Thunderbolt to a Rezound yesterday. I had rooted my TB and used Rev. Can anyone please tell me of a good program to root my Rezound that you have used and it worked.
Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
So I upgraded from a Thunderbolt to a Rezound yesterday. I had rooted my TB and used Rev. Can anyone please tell me of a good program to root my Rezound that you have used and it worked.
Thanks.

You have to unlock the Rezound before you can permanently root it. And if the update has come through on your phone temp root isn't even an option. Check the developer thread for unrooting instructions.

The short version
Unlock via HTCDev.com
Install custom recovery
root/Install superuser via custom recovery
or
install a ROM with root

Insidious

Reaction score
Try voodoo root keeper. It's free, and essentially you disable and back up the su, take the ora and then restore it. It worked for me like a charm.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
Rooted, unlocked, and ready to rock!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Try voodoo root keeper. It's free, and essentially you disable and back up the su, take the ora and then restore it. It worked for me like a charm.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
Rooted, unlocked, and ready to rock!

That also requires foresight. Most people already OTA'd and now are stuck

OP
dad2adammegan

dad2adammegan

Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance....

I just visited the HTC site to unlock my phone. I did not do it yet. (Would like to say thanks the HTC team for taking such a bold move. This will be invaluable to us all)

Anyway, once I unlock it won't it just be the matter of finding a ROM and placing it in my SD card as mentioned.

If I am correct then I would really appreciate your recommendations on ROMs with no bloat and overclocking ability.
If I am wrong then please highten my awareness.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance....

I just visited the HTC site to unlock my phone. I did not do it yet. (Would like to say thanks the HTC team for taking such a bold move. This will be invaluable to us all)

Anyway, once I unlock it won't it just be the matter of finding a ROM and placing it in my SD card as mentioned.

If I am correct then I would really appreciate your recommendations on ROMs with no bloat and overclocking ability.
If I am wrong then please highten my awareness.

The short version:
After you unlock, you're going to have to get a custom recovery. I'd suggest AmonRa. It is currently the most compatible with all ROMs.
From there you save the ROM to the SD card, then reboot into recovery and flash the ROM. You may also need to flash the kernel depending on the ROM and that part should be outlined in that specific ROM's instructions.

Lastly I can recommend any of Scott's ROMs for debloat however I have no idea if we even have an OC kernel at this point.