Rooting Issues For Droid X.

LetsMoshJosh

Reaction score
Okay guys, im fresh from registry but I feel as if I know a decent amount about my Droid X. I spent 4 hours trying to root before realizing that my problem was that I have a .621 System Version. All I want to know is if there will be a new root, or a way to switch(once again, not quite seasoned to terminology)to an earlier SV. I'd prefer not using the European thingamajiggy, but I will if there is no hope for one of the above solutions. Thank you for your time!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums.

I am out of the loop with the Droid X so not too sure if they have figured it out yet. As a result, I moved your thread to the Droid X Hacks section in hopes that someone over here will have a better idea then I do.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome, I too am unsure. I don't think there is a way to root it yet, but I could easily be wrong :) hopefully someone who knows for sure, will be along and let you know for sure :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There is a method but it requires users to go so far as to boot into Linux and perform a SBF flash that will get the rooted.621OTA on your phone, replacing the non-rooted one that’s probably already there. Those who aren’t already running Linux will have to create a live CD,adding a couple of steps to the process.

That's all I was able to find. ..

OP
L

LetsMoshJosh

Reaction score
I've already considered that solution, but I think I may just wait until a root comes out, depending on how long that could possibly be. Thanks though!

clueless77

Reaction score
I've already considered that solution, but I think I may just wait until a root comes out, depending on how long that could possibly be. Thanks though!
Due to the fact that the X is an older device and there is a work around for getting root when on .621 I do not think anyone is working on an exploit to root the X on .621. However custom ROMs are being developed still for the X. My advice is to study the LinuxCD method for SBFing to the Milestone X .604 and gaining root.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is a root exploit for .621 now. I remember seeing something on rootz or XDA

Sent from my DROID RAZR

clueless77

Reaction score
brad92 said:
I'm pretty sure there is a root exploit for .621 now. I remember seeing something on rootz or XDA

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Really? How long ago, I have the 15p radio but having a root exploit would be a good thing to have.

Never mind the Linux CD method still comes into play

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the D3 method isn't a go anymore on the X? Via 621

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

clueless77

Reaction score
droid2drummer said:
I'm guessing the D3 method isn't a go anymore on the X? Via 621

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

No it will not work.

Actually getting the 15p radio isn't that difficult its just a bit time consuming really.