Rooting 4.5.602?

Gates74

Reaction score
So ive been doing A TON of research and lots of trys but i still cannot find where to begin on rooting my phone. Im wondering whether or not to sbfing my phone is necessary so I would greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. My version is gb 4.5.602 and am willing to do ANYTHING to my phone for the root. Thanks :D

OP
G

Gates74

Reaction score
yes

I have but all the methods are making me skeptical. I need a person that knows a for sure way to get the job done and ill follow those instructions to a T.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
in all honesty, the instructions is there however i hear ur hesitence in doing so. i strongly suggest reading thoroughly and how to sbf. in that link to Droid Life theres Rootzwiki link.

OP
G

Gates74

Reaction score
Ill definately try it in the morning thank you! These are the easiest instructions yet :D

OP
G

Gates74

Reaction score
why wont it work? i tried and failed epicly. Are you sure itll work on 4.5.602?

alixjg

Reaction score
I'm positive. I just SBF'd to .330 and did the OTA update and then used OneClickRoot, it rebooted 3 times (during root process) and worked like a charm. Just make sure you have usb debugging on... and it's a good idea to slide unlock your phone when it boots up

huskur

Reaction score
[ROOT/UNROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX)

Use this..... works flawless if you haven't previously had root. If you had root before you need to sbf back to GB and then do it. Works great!!!

I rooted with it (the OTA GB) and then installed the "wugfresh" wireless tether zip and wifi tethering is a breeze once more. (the way "wugfresh" works is it deletes the file that VZW uses to track illegal tethering) Very easy also....just google "wugfresh". Scratch that.... here is the link for it WugPacked GB Tether Patch [All-In-One Zips]

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
[ROOT/UNROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX)

Use this..... works flawless if you haven't previously had root. If you had root before you need to sbf back to GB and then do it. Works great!!!

I rooted with it (the OTA GB) and then installed the "wugfresh" wireless tether zip and wifi tethering is a breeze once more. (the way "wugfresh" works is it deletes the file that VZW uses to track illegal tethering) Very easy also....just google "wugfresh". Scratch that.... here is the link for it WugPacked GB Tether Patch [All-In-One Zips]

+1 to this