Rooted with Stock 2.1 but want to upgrade to 2.2! What do I do?

superego

Reaction score
I've had my Droid Incredible for a couple of months now, and I have loved it. A few annoyances here and there, but everything has been smoothed out. I couldn't have asked for a better phone. So, I decided to bite the bullet and root it. My rooted phone is even awesomer with the tethering app and the Titanium backup and nandroid.

A couple of days ago, I received a notification on my phone that it needed to make a critical update. I did so, and then my phone got stuck on the infamous triangle screen. I checked it, and something was wrong.

Then, I read somewhere that I had to unroot before I could update again, manually to 2.2. Would this work, or would I have to flash my "radio" (What is that anyway?) as well to the 2.x version, because mine is 1.0x.

I apologize if I'm rambling. I'm just very confused.

TL;DR - I have a rooted Droid Incredible with Stock ROM. How do I update to stock 2.2 safely?

OP
S

superego

Reaction score
Bump

Can anyone help or at least post a helpful link if this has been asked before?

Randyd718

Reaction score
im in the same boat as you. i wouldnt expect an answer here...people expect you to find your own if its already been covered.

ive heard that the stock 2.2 blows anyways. id keep root and go for a rom. thats what im gonna shoot for this weekend.

OP
S

superego

Reaction score
Hey Randyd, thanks for your reply. Stock 2.2 blows? Alright then, I can live with my 2.1 root. What ROM would you recommend?

gunslinger422

Reaction score
I've had my Droid Incredible for a couple of months now, and I have loved it. A few annoyances here and there, but everything has been smoothed out. I couldn't have asked for a better phone. So, I decided to bite the bullet and root it. My rooted phone is even awesomer with the tethering app and the Titanium backup and nandroid.

A couple of days ago, I received a notification on my phone that it needed to make a critical update. I did so, and then my phone got stuck on the infamous triangle screen. I checked it, and something was wrong.

Then, I read somewhere that I had to unroot before I could update again, manually to 2.2. Would this work, or would I have to flash my "radio" (What is that anyway?) as well to the 2.x version, because mine is 1.0x.

I apologize if I'm rambling. I'm just very confused.

TL;DR - I have a rooted Droid Incredible with Stock ROM. How do I update to stock 2.2 safely?

use this it comes with a video. its really easy and what it does is unroot your phone. after your going to have to go to menu<settings<about phone<system updates.
it should be there if not then you are going to have to wait for another OTA push (which im still waiting on) or your going to have to manually update it.

heres the link and video to unroot your phone
Root & Unroot your Droid Incredible now! | Gadgets DNA

its quite easy

Randyd718

Reaction score
blows based on what ive read here at least. new bloatware and battery drain.

havent tried any roms myself. cyanogenmod 6 seems all the rage, not sure if the cam/gps work on it though