rooted with eclipse

strauser24

Reaction score
Can anyone help me unrooted back to stock or help suggest a better ROM to install? I just picked up this phone and I'm not too keen on this ROM. Step by step would be great since I'm not real good at this type of thing.

deduct

Reaction score
Did you install eclipse with safe strap 3 11?

OP
S

strauser24

Reaction score
IM not sure that it was,I just bought it. It was already rooted. I'd there any way I can tell?

deduct

Reaction score
IM not sure that it was,I just bought it. It was already rooted. I'd there any way I can tell?

When you reboot the phone does a safe strap splash screen pop up upon reboot? It should say safe strap enabled in green. If not then the previous owner flashed eclipse onto the phone without safe strap. Your best bet to get back to stock in that case would be to fxz the stock jelly bean build using rsd lite on your computer

OP
S

strauser24

Reaction score
I just rebooted my phone, and there is no sign of safe strap. Is it pretty easy to flash what you mentioned?

deduct

Reaction score
OP
S

strauser24

Reaction score
Well I tried it but flash failed at 5 of 24 steps.. Do I need to uninstall super user first?

deduct

Reaction score
Well I tried it but flash failed at 5 of 24 steps.. Do I need to uninstall super user first?

Flash failed in rsd? Make sure you are using Motorola brand USB and also try switching USB ports in computer. Open rsd lite and then plug bionic in. Also make sure you have the latest moto drivers installed on your comp. If you find you need to update your moto drivers, reboot computer after you have updated and installed them. Also make sure USB debugging is checked in developer options in phone settings. And that you are in mtp mode after you plug bionic into comp.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I would use samari's "house of bionic", its more reliable and doesn't use rsd unless you want it to (I wouldn't).
I'm not by my PC or I would get the links for you, sorry

Sent From My RMHD

OP
S

strauser24

Reaction score
Well l tried to do as was mentioned and did it all but still failed flash.. Do I need to delete super user before I try to flash? I will also look into the other option.

deduct

Reaction score
Well l tried to do as was mentioned and did it all but still failed flash.. Do I need to delete super user before I try to flash? I will also look into the other option.

You shouldn't have to delete superuser app