Rooted with Battery Drain

ck3jr

Reaction score
Rooted my X2 last week with the help of juhde, thx bud, problem I ran into was some serious battery drain. I loaded the Liberty rom and the rom ran great just battery issues, checked everything, removed all apps that I downloaded to see if a app was causing it, it wasn't. Only had google syncing and email account. I was getting about 10-12 hrs of not real heavy use, so unrooted using the sbf instructions back to 2.3.4 version (stock) put all my apps back that I had and done a battery test and got 1 1/2 days out of my battery with the same use. Whats the difference? I thought with a rom with not all the bloatware would be easy on the battery? Would love to stay rooted because of all the different looks and options but I need the battery life more.

Thanks Chad

motcher41

Reaction score
When on liberty did you look to see what is sucking up all your battery and it is recommended to use the battery fix by pepermint and also wipe battery stats after flashing a rom. all those can help the battery.

OP
ck3jr

ck3jr

Reaction score
When on liberty did you look to see what is sucking up all your battery and it is recommended to use the battery fix by pepermint and also wipe battery stats after flashing a rom. all those can help the battery.

Well its been a while since I rooted a phone and put a rom on 1 so I didnt know anything about the wipe battery and battery fix.. How much will they help?

motcher41

Reaction score
Liberty would need the battery fix as 2.3.4 does not correctly report the battery in the first place. The fix is they took parts from the 2.3.3 battery reporting software and made it flashable in Bootstrap. When you flash a new rom your battery stats if not right can report an incorrect amount. Best thing to do if having an issue like that is wipe battery stats after charging to 100% and letting charge a bit longer. then if you want let your phone compltetely run out of juice and charge back to 100%

OP
ck3jr

ck3jr

Reaction score
Liberty would need the battery fix as 2.3.4 does not correctly report the battery in the first place. The fix is they took parts from the 2.3.3 battery reporting software and made it flashable in Bootstrap. When you flash a new rom your battery stats if not right can report an incorrect amount. Best thing to do if having an issue like that is wipe battery stats after charging to 100% and letting charge a bit longer. then if you want let your phone compltetely run out of juice and charge back to 100%

I see you are running the Eclipse 2.0.2, does it have the battery fix already? And what is your battery life like?