Root R2D2

quangtran1

Reaction score
Hi all,
Can I root the R2D2 with z4root? Or is there a safer one-click root method? I know the R2D2 is essentially the D2, but just want to make sure. Thanks in advance. (PS: I did search for 'Rooting R2D2" but not much came up.)
Thanks again.

iwearhats

Reaction score
i've used the "no pc required method" when i first rooted my R2. I now use the DoRootMac which is a lot easier. There is a windows version available too. A simple search in here or Google should turn up what you need.

bmcswee

Reaction score
I successfully rooted my R2D2 with z4root. The first time I ran z4root, it froze and I had to pull the battery. After that I put the phone in airplane mode (heard it would help, dunno why) and z4root did a permanent root fine. It did take some time though. At least 4 or 5 minutes just sitting there working.

Hope that helps.

PTREE818

Reaction score
Yes hello .the answer to your question is yes.easiest way I've found Is Nerdslogic.s way . Either search nerdslogic or click on me and find him in my friends list.then pick all posts stated by... Then find "a very easy guide to rooting ,baxkup and rom flashing for the d2.just make sure when running z4 to be in airplane mode
PTREE

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

The 13th Doctor

Reaction score
z4Root DOES work on R2s, used it a few times so far, flawlessly. Will Temp or Perm root, and undo as well.

ClockWorks Droid 2 Bootstrapper works amazingly on my R2D2, bought it for $2(i think) and plan on donating more. Go get it. Install it, reboot into it, and make a back up of your entire phones system.

Thats about all there really is to it now honestly. I know a good deal about tech, but was worried about bricking my new toy, and now I feel silly.

With z4 and Droid2 BootStrapper youll be on your way in no time.

Rocket Pak

Reaction score
I used "DoRootWin 2.1.4" It worked fine on the my R2D2. I found it on XDA.