Root/Liberty/system recovery issues

t.noroeste

Reaction score
Ok. I have a droid x. I rooted with z4root. Downloaded and ran Bootstrapper, created backup, and then loaded liberty. Last night I decided to try to go back to froyo and make everything original. I flashed the nandroid and got froyo back up but 2 problems arose: the liberty boot image would still show up and was followed by the clockwork bootup (when liberty was running it would alos boot up in clockwork every time as well). I was able to make it stop booting in to clockwork by downloading a filemanager app and deleting and changing the name of a some logwrapper files. It is still booting with the liberty logo however. I am currently trying to reload liberty and here is where im stuck.

for the record i am rooted still, confirmed by terminal when typing in "su" i get "#."

I dont know if it was a good idea, but i erased cache and did data wipe to factory settings

I re-downloaded bootstrapper to create a backup, ran it, bootstrapped recovery (replied Success) and rebooted recovery. If i remembre correct, the last time i did this it took me directly to clockwork, but now it is taking me to android system recovery mode. In android recovery mode, I get this message at the bottom "E: Cant open /cache/recovery/command." So the only thing I can do in recovery mode is apply sdcard:update.zip (which i tried but failed saying there was no such file in the directory), wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition.

I would like to get clockwork back but I don't know how. How else can i reload a rom.

Please pardon my nooboisty. If I have not provided enough info its because I dont really have a decent understanging of this stuff yet and don't know what is relevant.

OP
T

t.noroeste

Reaction score
Oh and Ive been meaning to ask, what does it mean "to flash." like to flash a rom, or i read to flash clockworkmod recovery. whit types of files can be flashed and is there a diference between flashing and executing?

OP
T

t.noroeste

Reaction score
ok, just got an idea.

when I got clockwork to stop on bootup i did this:

deleted a file named "hijack"
deleted a flile named logwrapper
renamed logwrapper.bin to logwrapper.

then rebooted.

Im currently trying to flash clockwork via rom manager but it is not doing anything. just reboots reguraly. then I tried to install liberty via rom manager. It says press ok to reboot into clockworkmod recovery and continue the instalation. i press ok but it just reboots normally again, but with that liberty logo before the regular droid boot logo like I mentioned earlier

Unknown2U

Reaction score
Help

I accidentally renamed logwrapper.bin to logwrapper without deleting logwrapper first.

The Liberty Rom Logo still boots up. What should I do now?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
EDIT: Sorry I am tired, on second thought, just do a wipe from the stock recovery and you should be good to go. I suppose a wipe from clockwork might do to, but i would use the stock to be sure.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The logwrapper thing you're talking about relates to Uninstalling the bootstrap recovery app. It has nothing to do with the boot logo. If the data wipe doesn't work (from stock recovery), and you can't get into clockwork (it sounds like you deleted it when you erased hijack?), you will need to sbf. I can't think of what else you could do

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz