Root Droid 1

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
Ok, so I have rooted my Droid 2, and I am pretty confident in it. I know the D1 has been put a lot longer, and there must be multiple ways of rooting out there. I want to be pointed in the CORRECT location of the newest up to date root that will work on the most updated D1s (Android 2.1 right?) For the purpose of rooting my friends D1s. Preferably one touch roots preferred.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Should be FRG22D (2.2) actually. One click root apps (z4root) are fine as long as you know what you're doing but, for first timers, I wouldn't recommend them. The best guide I've seen thus far is by Motocache! Its alot to read but, if something were to go wrong down the road, you'll be glad you did it the long way. I can post the link to his guide if you'd like..?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Actually, the D1 has been on FroYo for several months now.

How far do you want this root to go? Overclocking and tethering? There's a one-touch app for that. ROMs and kernels and themes? Yeah, no one-touch for that. Multi-step process. In fact, I have a link to a thread that'll set you right up in my signature if that's how far you want to go. :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's Motocache's guide right?

Actually, the D1 has been on FroYo for several months now.

How far do you want this root to go? Overclocking and tethering? There's a one-touch app for that. ROMs and kernels and themes? Yeah, no one-touch for that. Multi-step process. In fact, I have a link to a thread that'll set you right up in my signature if that's how far you want to go. :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its A LOT more detailed than the guide I used from 2.1 to 2.2 a few months ago! You can tell he put a lot of time into it!

Yes. It's currently the only guide we have to getting to that point.