ROM's with Sense

Reaction score
The TB is my first android HTC device so I haven't really looked into the ROM's for HTC devices. Is it possible for ROM devs to start from source and then add just the good parts of sense back in? I'm thinking of things such as the alarm clock. It would be similar to Apex for the Droid X where it has certain parts of blur. I just didn't know if parts of sense could run on their own and were easy enough to include.

Im going to be torn because I love built from source ROM's but I also am actually starting to like some of the Sense stuff. Its much better than Blur, I couldn't get that removed quick enough.

moosez3

Reaction score
Yeah I would pay for a ROM with Sense on it I like it so much. I Only want Root for Wifi Tether, Ti Backup and I only want a new ROM for GB. But I still love sense.

I cant imagine not rooting, but I will have to stay stock till that time. :(

trebb

Reaction score
I agree. I like the browser, alarm clock and music player a lot. Don't care about the launcher or friendstream though. I prefer ADW/LP and the Android versions of FB/twitter.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Put it in a microwave and nuke it for about 15 seconds. That will destroy the data on it.Make sure you put it in some type of glass container when doing this so that you don't get crap all over the inside of your microwave.

WHAT?!?!?

Sent from my ADR6400L

swamp

Reaction score
+1. I only want root for some of the basics like tether and Titanium. I will only jump on rooting once we have a nice ROM that is close to stock, with Sense and debloated. I suspect it won't be too long for such a ROM.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
+1. I only want root for some of the basics like tether and Titanium. I will only jump on rooting once we have a nice ROM that is close to stock, with Sense and debloated. I suspect it won't be too long for such a ROM.

You can get that now...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
You can root without changing ROMs.

My TB is rooted right now, and I still have Sense.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
There are roms with sense now...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

azbryan

Reaction score
I have never used a Rom before. If I used TB on my rooted thunderbolt will that reinstall my apps/settings once I have installed the Rom?

Sent from my Thunderbolt
using Droid Forums App

Reaction score
Infected, by Virus, is stock without Sense but he has an update to flash it back on if you really want it. Look there...it's linked in the ROMs section here or obviously at XDA.