HTC Planning Sense Update

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
htc-desire-hd-z.jpg

HTC is live in London today at a special event unveiling the HTC Desire Z and HTC Desire HD along with a Sense UI Update. Here a few enhancements we could see in the near future for the Droid Incredible and Droid Eris.

• The boot time of Sense has been cut down to 10 seconds.
  • DLNA support is built in to allow content streaming to other DLNA devices.
  • A new incoming call screen slides up from the bottom of the screen instead of taking up the entire screen.
  • Maps will now cache data to facilitate quicker map rendering.
  • A digital compass is utilized to allow the map to orient itself to the direction you are heading.
  • The new Sense focuses on letting you control and interact with your data instead of merely presenting it to you.

Also, HTC is prepping HTCSENSE.com, a new website that will open up a handful of features to HTC owners including:

• Backup and view text messages and call logs.
  • Remote wipe the device.
  • Enable call forwarding.
  • Send map coordinates or trip information.
  • Locate your phone.

Source: Details on HTC’s new and improved Sense Boy Genius Report

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some pretty cool features :) nothing beats stock android though, IMO. I just like the clean slate that it is.

Sent from my Droid

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i kinda figured now i just need to convince my girlfriend to let me root her eris so she stops complaining about how slow it is

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
that wouldnt work she just thinks her phone will be too much for her to handle cause she see what i do with my phone she just wants it to be as simple as possible she wont even try a different home launcher cause there is too much to it and she like sense ui

infinity8x3

Reaction score
basically adding a bunch of bloat that can be added your self and customized on vanilla android.

Thanks but no thanks.

Google for the love of android plz make a nexus2 Or I will go with the t-mobile G2.

I really just really wish every carrier would have at least 1 top tier phone dedicated to pure vanilla android.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I really just really wish every carrier would have at least 1 top tier phone dedicated to pure vanilla android.

Or the simple option to turn OFF the unwanted crap that the makers and carriers seem to be adding a lot of lately.

I mean would it kill you to just have a check box to turn that junk off?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Or the simple option to turn OFF the unwanted crap that the makers and carriers seem to be adding a lot of lately.

I mean would it kill you to just have a check box to turn that junk off?

It's a lot harder than just adding a "switch"...

infinity8x3

Reaction score
It's a lot harder than just adding a "switch"...

I was thinking maybe a dual rom / dual boot, I know it's just a pipe dream but with phones with 8gb internal storage It can be done. One rom would be there personalized rom the other stock android. User can pick in settings what rom to boot upon reboot of the system.

It would never happen because it would complicate updates and less tech savvy users, But it can easily be done.