rom vs rom

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Liberty is built on top of the GummyJAR base, which is built on top of the Fission base. Liberty comes with a toolbox that far surpasses the functionality of the Fission Rom Manager, and also there isn't that wishy washy line of contributionware here. You donate if you want to. I used Fission for a while, and then switched to GummyJAR. There was no comparison, GummyJAR was faster and smoother than Fission, and just felt better. Liberty is built by the same developer as GummyJAR in collaboration with Jrummy who has added some simply amazing scripts into this ROM. I highly suggest you give Liberty a shot. If you don't like it, you can always just go back to Fission. No harm in giving it a try.

Gummyjar was not built on top of the fission base!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Oh, well that is what I was told by a certain Fission developer when I was discussing GummyJAR.

I helped with fission before releasing gummyjar.... but gummy was originally built off the ota 2.3.15 base... and if you follow its development you will notice that I moved it over to 320 then 340..

The only file that gummy and now that liberty use from fission was part of android.policy.jar. the part that allows the reboot..

The fact is... fission uses more of gummyjar than gummy ever used of fission. If you didn't notice fission now uses a modified version of gummy's framework to allow for aosp and rotary lockscreen... which I helped him implement

breeett

Reaction score
Gummyjar was not built on top of the fission base!

Oh, well that is what I was told by a certain Fission developer when I was discussing GummyJAR.

I helped with fission before releasing gummyjar.... but gummy was originally built off the ota 2.3.15 base... and if you follow its development you will notice that I moved it over to 320 then 340..

The only file that gummy and now that liberty use from fission was part of android.policy.jar. the part that allows the reboot..

The fact is... fission uses more of gummyjar than gummy ever used of fission. If you didn't notice fission now uses a modified version of gummy's framework to allow for aosp and rotary lockscreen... which I helped him implement

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. The way he told me, it sounded like he was trying to brush GummyJAR off as just a fork of Fission.

Also, speaking of the reboot, are you talking about the reboot option in the power off menu? If so, would it be possible to add a boot into bootstrap option there too?