[ROM] Stock Rooted VZW 164.55.2 KitKat 4.4.2 For The Moto X

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you have been waiting for the latest ota update for the Moto X to get root wait no more. There is only one catch. You will need to already be rooted and have SafeStrap recovery installed. This is a SafeStrap Rom. Developer "KrYpToNiTe" has released a prerooted stock 164.55.2 Kit Kat 4.4.2 rom that can be flashed in SafeStrap! Apparently after flashing this rom you will not be able to revert back to a 4.2.2 rom through safestrap. The only way to revert will be with RSD Lite or Fastboot. You will need to follow the install instructions very carefully or you could damage your device. Head to the source link for the download and installation guide.

via Rootzwiki

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have not found a reason to upgrade to 4.4.2 as 4.4 works perfectly for my use.

I've heard users say it's smoother than 4.4 and that they get better battery life, but I already get great battery life and my phone is super smooth.

Go figure.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have not found a reason to upgrade to 4.4.2 as 4.4 works perfectly for my use.

I've heard users say it's smoother than 4.4 and that they get better battery life, but I already get great battery life and my phone is super smooth.

Go figure.

I guess if its not broke don't fix it