ROM Question...

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
Hi all! I have a question regarding roms.

I would like to use a rom on my D3 thnat is 100% functional and looks awesome. It also must function well, long lasting battery and fast.

The main thing is I want to get rid of all the worthless pre loaded apps that come stock with the phone. They aggravate the crap out of me and slow the phone down along with sucking down the battery.

Am I better off just rooting the phone and then getting rid of those apps? Is there an awesome rom out there that works awesome and will suit my needs?

Thanks all!!

Sam

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All ROMs available for the D3 do not include the "bloat."

You will need to root either way, but if you want to stay stock, you can run a script that will rename the bloat apps so they won't load.

OP
SamuelMSr

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
guidot said:
All ROMs available for the D3 do not include the "bloat."

You will need to root either way, but if you want to stay stock, you can run a script that will rename the bloat apps so they won't load.

Thanks Quidot,

Can you suggest a ROM that works well and looks awesome?

I really wanted to use one of the ICS clones but I need my camera to function, along with other things. I really want a good ROM that is fully functional and is awesome as well :)

Thanks again!

Sent from my Droid 3 using Droid Forums

OP
SamuelMSr

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
Just as a side note, I was thinking of using Steel Droid 4.6 Gingerbread.

Sent from my Droid 3 using Droid Forums

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
do not bother with the ICS roms... camrea is very very unstable and theres a lot of call audio loss (fixable with a reboot but annoying) if you must try Gummy its smooth.now as far as GB i could be very very opinionated and tell you to try mine.. found here ... TeamHaters or theres others ..... ;)if you do chose mine... start with the .906 deodexed for complete stock and youll have to debloat it.or move on to the Eclipse 3.0 rom you will not be disappointed ...

pistacio

Reaction score
I ran the stock ROM rooted for a long time, and renamed all the bloat (63 apps!). It made a world of difference. My battery actually lasted longer than the current ROM I'm running ( i calibrated battery, if that makes a difference). I only recently flashed mavrom, about a week ago. I will probably be giving something else a try after another week or so, and if battery gets worse, I'll revert to my non safe again.

I'm not sure how long a ROM takes to "settle", but my battery life was better on stock debloated with the same usage. Maybe someone can chime in on that...

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Pistacio

Seriously try eclipse 3.0. So far its the best batterylife I've seen. I use my phone so much I usually get 6 hours but this has been noticeably different

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

pistacio

Reaction score
Will do... sometime this weekend.

Edit: I tried Mav based on the high regards for battery life. Maybe it doesn't like my D3 because with the extended battery, my best after a week of my normal usage was16.5 hours till dead. I was going to bed with AT LEAST 25-35% battery left on my stock ROM with bloat removed.

I guess I'm going full circle, after all, I always had one of your creations on my D1.

nodixe

Reaction score
I'm looking for a rom with a working tether and hdmi mirror mode?

Sgs Continuum> Droid X> Droid 3