ROM Quest

wolfe69

Reaction score
I am trying to find a ROM to put on my Droid Razr. I am rooted and running the .215 leak at present. I would, ideally, like to find a ROM that would allow me to fully customize my phone to the way I want it.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
There will be as many answers to this question as there are ROMs available...I love Full Throttle AOKP, one because the developer will do almost anything I need, and two, because it just "works". Lets my phone do everything I want and need it to do.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

OP
wolfe69

wolfe69

Reaction score
There will be as many answers to this question as there are ROMs available...I love Full Throttle AOKP, one because the developer will do almost anything I need, and two, because it just "works". Lets my phone do everything I want and need it to do. Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2
I am trying to find something with blur but that is easier on the battery, faster internet (I only get 3G where I live) and that will let me change colors (i.e. Batty icon color, notification bar colors, etc). Basically, that will truly let me make my phone MINE.On a side note, do you know what the [op] in red by my name means?

leftspin

Reaction score
I am trying to find something with blur but that is easier on the battery, faster internet (I only get 3G where I live) and that will let me change colors (i.e. Batty icon color, notification bar colors, etc). Basically, that will truly let me make my phone MINE.On a side note, do you know what the [op] in red by my name means?

The ROM really wouldn't have any effect on your data speeds. If you prefer Blur though, I'd recommend checking out Arctic HD (Arctic Hd - DroidRzr.com) or Flick ([Rom](Razr-Cdma) Flick1.1.6 [9/02/12] - DroidRzr.com).

The red "OP" means Original Poster, as in, the poster who originated the thread

Beckeramos

Reaction score
Apparently this Arctic hd rom developer says this rom will improve battery performance. I would like to know how personally.

leftspin

Reaction score
Beckeramos said:
Apparently this Arctic hd rom developer says this rom will improve battery performance. I would like to know how personally.

I'd recommend asking in the ROM release thread over at droidrzr

butnmshr

Reaction score
I love love LOOOOOOOOVE Eclipse. I'm still on 1.1 because it has a fully functioning camera, and is stable, fast, and efficient as all hell. Customization on any Blur rom is limited, I would imagine because of framework subtleties and whatnot. Flick has a loooooot of potential, it seems like that dude is trying to make a super customizable blur rom. Haven't tried the newest version, but the previous one was sucking my battery like a vampire. As far as non Blur is concerned, I did a lot of bouncing around between Axiom Infektion, Full Throttle, and Koa, in order of preference, all AOKP, and if you're fixing for customizability and ULTIMATE battery life, those are the bros. Didn't really mess around with any CM9 roms much... tried Koa CM9 for like ten minutes... nothing horrible about it, I was just on a flashing kick. The problem with any of the nonblurs is that we top/HDMI doesn't work, and screen rotations and screenshots are subject to odd resolution changes.... amongst various other things. Kexec looks so super promising, but as far as I'm concerned, right now anyway, that is a whole different frontier, and it scares me. In short, Eclipse 1.1 is currently my fave, but really you just need to go on a flashing kick, download all of them you can, and try all of them. Because they are all awesome.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
My favorite feature of the ROM I use is the ability for led to blink with screen ON. Not available in AOSP or CM ROM's.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

blacktalon

Reaction score
Eclipse is cool but Arctic HD 0.1. with the Arctic Theme is about as nice as they come.