ROM Manager.. um... cleanup

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looking for some confirmation here.

Pretty sure ROM Manager stores the files you download from it in the "download" folder on the SD Card but just names them downloadfile1.apk, downloadfile-2.apk, downloadfile3-apk, etc...

These are taking up massive amounts of space as I have 38 of those.

So, 1st, am I correct about this and 2nd, can I delete them to make space?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
The download folder is from the browser. The folder for Rom manager is: Clockworkmod, it has many subfolders as well.

Not sure what you downloaded from the browser, but chances are you used it after you did, so i'd say its a safe bet you can delete them, if its something you need later, you can always redownload.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The download folder is from the browser. The folder for Rom manager is: Clockworkmod, it has many subfolders as well.

Not sure what you downloaded from the browser, but chances are you used it after you did, so i'd say its a safe bet you can delete them, if its something you need later, you can always redownload.

Yeah I don't know man. I barely even use the browser except to search for something, lookup a phone number, etc... Seeing as it's taking up gigs of space I'll just delete and see what happens.

OK, I saw the CloCkworld folder but I guess my head just had some other thoughts in it regarding that folder.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK maybe I am overcomplicating this. When I go into ROM manager and "download ROM" it has to access the internet to get the file list? Or is it synching with my phone every now and again? Otherwise, how do all those ROMs, themes, kernels, etc... get updated? Cause if I am in recovery mode and goto the clockworld folder, I can only access what's inside those folders on my SD card.

I'm not sure I am even explaining this right.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
OK maybe I am overcomplicating this. When I go into ROM manager and "download ROM" it has to access the internet to get the file list? Or is it synching with my phone every now and again? Otherwise, how do all those ROMs, themes, kernels, etc... get updated? Cause if I am in recovery mode and goto the clockworld folder, I can only access what's inside those folders on my SD card.

Yeah, I am not too sure I follow you on that one LOL

What I do is locate all my ROMS in the clockwork > download file and then move them to a new folder I created on my SD card I named "ROMS". This way when I am in recovery I can easily find the zip file for the ROM I am looking for ...
Not even sure that was what you were asking, but thought I'd share that anyway :laugh:

Nytestawkr

Reaction score
"downloadfile1.apk, downloadfile-2.apk, downloadfile3-apk".....I've experienced these dead files in my sdcard/download folder as apps that have have downloaded in the Market but unsuccessfully installed. The Market app unfortunatley does not remove these files after an unsuccessful installation. You have to manually delete them yourself in Astro or Root Explorer.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yeah, I am not too sure I follow you on that one LOL

What I do is locate all my ROMS in the clockwork > download file and then move them to a new folder I created on my SD card I named "ROMS". This way when I am in recovery I can easily find the zip file for the ROM I am looking for ...
Not even sure that was what you were asking, but thought I'd share that anyway :laugh:

Would be easier to find what I wanted that way. If you move them to a "ROM" folder, do you even need to have the other folders in CLockworld? Or would deleting them just cause ROM mamager to make them again?

I guess I am just not sure how ROM Manager updates itself. If it's only updating when I go into it and select "download ROM" and get one well, where does it put it? In the download folder there and many xxx.xxxx.com folders.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
It is ok to delete all your old ROMS, themes and other apks that you do not want/need anymore. I have to clean out my download folder every so often.

I mostly only keep the most recent things that I have installed

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Would be easier to find what I wanted that way. If you move them to a "ROM" folder, do you even need to have the other folders in CLockworld? Or would deleting them just cause ROM mamager to make them again?

I guess I am just not sure how ROM Manager updates itself. If it's only updating when I go into it and select "download ROM" and get one well, where does it put it? In the download folder there and many xxx.xxxx.com folders.

Once I move the actual ROM zip files, I delete the folder it was originally in. I do periodically go into the clockwordmod folder and clean it out. I'll open them and browse around inside; you'll find there are some that contain just the picture previews you see prior to downloading a ROM. My rule of thumb is, if I can't figure out what the hell the folder is - I leave it alone :)

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
ROM Manager not working!!!!! HELP!!!!!

I am having a huge problem with ROM manager!!! the past few days it's been taking forever to load the ROM list and once I get that to load up, and I try to down load a ROM it has not downloaded it just says there is an error. So I updated ROM manager, and Reflashed my current ROM.

I am wondering if anyone else is having ROM Manager Issues??

~Srkx~
:greendroid:Overclocked to 1.2 GHZ - UltraLowV:greendroid:

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am having a huge problem with ROM manager!!! the past few days it's been taking forever to load the ROM list and once I get that to load up, and I try to down load a ROM it has not downloaded it just says there is an error. So I updated ROM manager, and Reflashed my current ROM.

~Srkx~

You running Froyo 2.2 with the old SuperUser (the one with a ninja icon)?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

~Srkx~

That's an oxymoron :tongue:
I've been having SO many issues with RM!! Here's what works (sometimes). I flash Alternate Recovery. Then flash back to Clockwork, then scroll down to all clockwork recoveries and hit OK. I do that two or three times (or until the pop up box shows up quickly). THEN I go about my business. LOL
It's become such a PITA I've gone back to SPR a few times. Man, it is SO much quicker than clockwork too!

forkup

Reaction score
In Rom Manager settings make sure Quick Backup And Restore is checked and backups will be far faster, that option disables the progress bar which makes backups far faster.

Rom Manager is the bomb dude. While you're on it be sure to check out my themes which will be updated to cm6.0 soon.

forkup

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score

~Srkx~

That's an oxymoron :tongue:
I've been having SO many issues with RM!! Here's what works (sometimes). I flash Alternate Recovery. Then flash back to Clockwork, then scroll down to all clockwork recoveries and hit OK. I do that two or three times (or until the pop up box shows up quickly). THEN I go about my business. LOL
It's become such a PITA I've gone back to SPR a few times. Man, it is SO much quicker than clockwork too!

See I've never used SPR only ClockworkMod...... I was trying to download & flash SkyRaider 2.5.2 I think it may be b/c I havn't upgraded to Radio 2.xxx .... so I think i'm going to try that to see if it works then!! I really not looking forward to going threw all that unrooting then radio update then re-root.... wow thats a lot of work!!