cron666

Reaction score
link
- Install Safestrap Recpvery v3.11
- wipe all
- select "aokp_maserati_jb-mr1_build-4.zip"
- Load.. Status 7 (error)

Why don't work? :(

The whole point of safestrap is dual booting.

I'm assuming you did not activate Rom Slot 1 and create your partitions.
choose 2gb for the partition that has 3 options.
I ran into a problem with a 1gb partition. seems titanium backup has no way of telling you the partition it is restoring to is full.
absolutely retarded.

btw im typing this reply from the official AOKP rom.
its great except for screen tearing and no dock audio.

cron666

Reaction score
Anyone else using this? So far, mms doesn't work, leaving bluetooth on doesn't interfere with audio, battery life is the same as stock moto, screen tearing issue is a tad annoying, but not a major flaw, car dock sensor doesn't work, and usb audio via car dock doesn't work. I did find a little app that manually toggles system car mode. This of course automatically launches my favorite car dock I installed from the market. Haven't found any other issues.

skinnus

Reaction score
Anybody having trouble with notification settings not sticking? I set notification sounds and after a bit it shows unknown ringtone, etc tried moving .ogg files to ex-sd still can't get them to stick

Niobium

Reaction score
The only thing, besides the lack of video camera, that I've noticed is that Google Voice Search/Google Now doesn't seem to accept any voice input.

When you hit the mic on the soft-keyboard or on the search bar, it immediately asks you to retry, or tells you it can't contact Google. It never even gives you an opportunity to speak. I use speech-to-text a lot in the car, drafting e-mails or reciting thoughts while I drive. I love the this rom, but I'll have to drop back to stock until the speech-to-text is fixed.

cron666

Reaction score
I also noticed an issue with soundhound and shazaam not working. One of them reported the mic was in use by another app. So it could be a usage lock on the mic. Could be something like the phone app not releasing the lock on the mic when done making a call.

If there is even a mic lock in android. We do have wake locks and an app knew that the mic was unavailable and probably in use by another app. So this leads me to believe there is.