[ROM] |Rom| Demented | Aosp | 4.2.2 | Galaxy S4

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanimal92

Reaction score
post this at XDA; I hardly ever check this site for Galaxy S4 ROM's, and it looks like I'm not the only one.

SpeedDMN

Reaction score
Ok I gave this one a shot. First of all thanks to the developer for taking the time to post this. However it was not for me. All of the things that make S4 the S4 were essentially gone from this. It was extremely buggy. Lots of crashes. I do not like the old Honeycomb look. It felt very dated and just does not belong on this phone even if everything worked. Which they did not for me. I couldn't flash it off my phone fast enough. Sorry but that was my experience. I'm running the Rage Rom now. Much better!

OP
cphelps76

cphelps76

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
life would've gone on just fine without that...i dont like (edited) but i dont feel the need to rub it in their face...this aosp, with features that I like, built for ME, and on my phone and every other device that i own and build for this runs flawless minus a few minor things that have been fixed but not released in a new update yet in this forum...if you can build better then please by all means do so

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
cphelps76

cphelps76

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
it amuses me he doesnt know the difference between honeycomb (lol) and this which is 4.2.2...sir its called jellybean, we've been using it for quite sometime now

OP
cphelps76

cphelps76

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
mods feel free to lock / delete this thread...it is no longer supported

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok I gave this one a shot. First of all thanks to the developer for taking the time to post this. However it was not for me. All of the things that make S4 the S4 were essentially gone from this. It was extremely buggy. Lots of crashes. I do not like the old Honeycomb look. It felt very dated and just does not belong on this phone even if everything worked. Which they did not for me. I couldn't flash it off my phone fast enough. Sorry but that was my experience. I'm running the Rage Rom now. Much better!

I have been a long time supporter of DF and a developer here. It appears you have been a member for quite some time however you dont seem to post often. Just please keep in mind that not every ROM is for every user, hence why there are so many different ones out there. Everyone has a different opinion on what a rom should look like. For you it seems that TW is what you like right now. Now that you have this in mind, whenever you post do not bash the ROM you are trying and say another is better because its all a matter of opinion. I personally have flashed quite a few roms on my s4 that i dont prefer but i dont go bashing them. I download another and move on. As for your comparison, AOSP is definitely NOT touchwiz. So you are comparing apples to oranges here. I have tested this rom for cphelps for functionality and i have had only one problem and that was with the mobile network setting correctly on boot up. Other than that only what has been put in the OP. It is perfectly okay to post if you have questions or issues you're having or if you have a solution to another issue posted but don't straight up bash a ROM. So anyway, please work on your etiquette when posting on the forums whether it be DF or another. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.