[ROM] [rom][cdma][cm10][4.2.1] bdh rom 1.0 (12/19/2012)

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
vwv5hi.png

BDH ROM is a CM10 compiled from dhacker and Hashcode0f's 4.2.1 source. Thank you dhacker and Hashcode0f for the base builds and for everything else you do to help everyone!​

Thank You's:
andlaw for teaching me so much along the way and for being the other half of the 808 BoyZ! Your Black Widow builds have inspired and amazed all of us!
mattlgroff for giving me little hints and tips throughout and for being an inspiration.
Vantenkeist for being a true friend and always being there to talk to.
The Oracle (Gerland) for always asking if there's something new to flash lol. Also for being a friend and keeping me on my toes!

More Thank You's for various reasons:
SoLongSidekick
Nitro
NattyBee
Bytecode
EmericanX
Kebob
vtwinbmx

Disclaimer:
Myself, rom-spot.com, dhacker, hashcode0f, nor anyone else, is responsible if your device starts a nuclear war.

BDH ROM Features:
Completely Stable Data
CPU Sleeper
Apex Launcher
Google Music
Apollo Music App
AdFree Android
SMS Flash (Like SMS Popup)
Full init.d support
T-Mobile Theme Chooser Engine
Kernel Logging Disabled for speed
Removed bug2go.sh file
Increased Dalvik VM Heap for more speed
Improved Scrolling
Changed default GPS Servers to Google (faster and more accurate lock-on)
init.d Battery Tweaks and much much more!

Before Flashing:
Make sure you have the latest version of Safestrap!!! No other recovery is supported!

What Works?
Almost Everything

Bugs:
Bluetooth
hwComposer
(Camera may be iffy should definitely work)
Phone calls cannot be answered unless phone is set to vibrate
MMS does not work (supposedly installing the Verizon Messaging app helps with that)
ROM must be installed into ROM Slot 1

Instructions:
1. Download ROM
2. Download Gapps Package
3. Place both zip files on sdcard
4. Reboot into recovery
5. Wipe Data / Factory Reset
6. Wipe Cache Partition
7. Wipe Dalvik Cache
8. Flash ROM
9. Flash JB Gapps
10. Reboot
PROFIT!

Make sure you install this ROM into ROM Slot 1
Download BDH ROM CM10 4.2.1:
Dev-Host - BDH ROM CM10.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Download JB Gapps Package:
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

Last edited:
OP
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Dang come on guys, over 200 views, no comments?

decookaaron

Reaction score
Whats Up

There's no rom download at all. it just says login and when you click on it, iit sends you to another forum and it says it don't exist. i wanted to test this rom and tweak with it a little.

OP
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
There's no rom download at all. it just says login and when you click on it, iit sends you to another forum and it says it don't exist. i wanted to test this rom and tweak with it a little.

Direct link added, sorry about that!

decookaaron

Reaction score
Alright now I was wondering how would I make a ROM like this with a jb kernel? Like I like this ROM but I'm stuck on JB OTA rooted with safe strap 3.11. Can I unpack the ota ROM and change some of the code from yours and the OTA update files to work on a JB kernel. I know a little bit about customizing ROMs. If you know some info I would really appricate it.

OP
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Alright now I was wondering how would I make a ROM like this with a jb kernel? Like I like this ROM but I'm stuck on JB OTA rooted with safe strap 3.11. Can I unpack the ota ROM and change some of the code from yours and the OTA update files to work on a JB kernel. I know a little bit about customizing ROMs. If you know some info I would really appricate it.

Wouldn't be able to happen yet. You'd be lucky to get it to boot and even if it did boot, nothing would work. Data, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, nothing.

decookaaron

Reaction score
Well there's a way to Dual Boot Kernels When your on ICS. And You can do the same when on the JB Kernel. But you would have to create a Slot in Safestrap 3.07 and up. And there's a exploit that let users on the JB Kernel to gain root access again. So it makes it a lot easier to customize. What I did was have a JB stock rom with JB kernel on 2 slots. The stock slot and slot 1. Then changed a little here and their within the slot 1. if anything went wrong I would reinstall the rom and try a different method while on JB kernel. I also have the JB kernel and I'm messing with it under Ubuntu and windows. And I was wondering is there a way to decompile the JB stock rom into a source code again? So that it can be easier to customize? And I know I'm doing things the difficult way, but I have my own way of learning I guess :) I love learning this type of stuff. So if you have any info let me know. thanks

Last edited:

camphurt

Reaction score
I know this may sound a little dumb but how do I get this to work on the droid RAZR 4.1.2 I'm going though hell trying to find a cm10 ROM to work on this ota update

OP
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I know this may sound a little dumb but how do I get this to work on the droid RAZR 4.1.2 I'm going though hell trying to find a cm10 ROM to work on this ota update

It won't, this ROM was made from the ICS Kernel. You need to flash a ROM that was built from the JB Kernel.