[ROM][3/4/11] DarkREVENGE v3.0 Beta- UPDATE: CWR prob fixed! Big update! [EB01]

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
All credit goes to thatdudebutch over at XDA for this awesome ROM....

icon1.gif
[ROM][3/4/11] DarkREVENGE v3.0 Beta- UPDATE: CWR prob fixed! Big update! [EB01]
I thought I would make a ROM for you guys. This has been a collaborative effort by some of the greats in IRC. This thread will be maintained by them as well. Big thanks to Nitsuj17 and Kenesis for giving us a couple base UI themes and DiGi for design help.

The objective here was to give you many mods and options all in one place with a significantly different experience than you would have with a stock ROM. I hope we have accomplished that.
cool.gif

>>Important Notes: Please read the whole post before flashing.<<

DO NOT USE CLOCKWORK 3.0 (ORANGE) TO FLASH ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD, IT HAS BEEN WIDELY ACCEPTED BY THOSE IN IRC AND ELSEWHERE THAT EDIFY SCRIPTS AND OUR RECOVERY ARE NOT MESHING WELL WITH VOODOO CONVERSIONS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU HAVING TO ODIN. THX!

ROM FEATURES

- Built off the stock EB01 lead, Deodexed and Zipaligned

- Custom malware profile

- Build prop edits for scrolling speed, also increased Wifi scanning intervals significantly as they were set to 15 seconds

- Voodoo or Non Voodoo kernel downloads available

- Modded TW Launcher

- All Sbrissens framework ports/mods including choice of five lockscreens, status bar clock options, AOSP answer mod, and Verizon carrier badging deletions, and now power toggles relocated

- Full Sense UI theme built off the latest Incredible_RUU including framework, settings, HTC Music, Media Provider, Swype, Market and more! (By Nitsuj17, check post #2 for screens!)

- Custom fonts added

- Themed MMS Mod (Thanks Kenesis)

- Hacked Camera Mod [Thanks GizmoDroid]

- Debinged Browser

- Pandora with no ads and unlimited skips

- Custom boot and shutdown animations

- Microbes Wallpaper preloaded by request

- More to come..

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT SETUP VIA CWR.
2. PERFORM A FULL WIPE, INCLUDING DALVIK BEFORE FLASHING.
3. DOWNLOAD ROM AND THE VOODOO OR NONVOODOO ZIP IN THIS THREAD.
4. PUT THE DARK REVENGE ZIP AND EB01 KERNEL ON ROOT OF YOUR SD CARD.
5. INSTALL FROM VOODOO CWR OR THE STANDARD CWR, DO NOT USE CWR 3.0 (ORANGE), THIS IS FOR AMEND SCRIPTS ONLY.*

THINGS TO CHECK BEFORE REPORTING BUGS

1. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON EB01 KERNEL

2. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON EB01 BASEBAND

** To verify you're download is not corrupted, please download this free software, Hashtabs: HashTab - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com for Windows. Right click on the zipdownload, Go to properties, click the file hashes tab and compare the md5 to the one listed below. If they are the same your download is good.
biggrin.gif

KERNELS
*V3 AND ABOVE NO LONGER INCLUDES KERNEL, IF YOU NEED AN EB01 KERNEL THEY ARE PROVIDED BELOW*
EB01 Voodoo: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

EB01 Nonvoodoo: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

ROM DOWNLOADS AND CHANGE LOG

Version 3.0
Changes since 2.0:
- The ROM is now based on EB01 framework. I took the stock EB01 leak, debloated and deodexed and zipaligned.
- Added Superclean apps like Myfiles and Spare Parts as well as bstat and fxpms scripts
- Added the new Sense UI with toggles relocated (Check post #2 for screens!)
- Added modded Fascinate MMS (some where having problems with mms converting) and Pandora
- Fixed bootloop problem when wiping data, can now be flashed alone (Thanks Sbrissen for finding that manifest!)
- Reverted to original boot animation

Email.apk for v3:Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
v3 Download: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Version 2.0
Changes since 1.0:
- Deleted data/app in zip and amend script as it was (I'm almost 100% sure the source of the flashing problem for some. Not sure if this is an issue with Clockwork or if the syntax has just changed, will investigate)
- Everything extra included in the ROM is installed to system app for the time being so you must delete those things with root explorer, etc)
- Added new custom boot and shutdown animations, cut down on fonts and ringtones for now.
- Optimized system/framework by deleting a bunch of junk
- Added new modded TW launcher with fixed app drawer list options
- Added the previously forgotten GB themed Contacts.apk
- Re-added Microbes LWP
- Added Mms.apk from i9000

Voodoo v2: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
md5 sum: EECE7D836D1C27C161F11703DC07FB40

Nonvoodoo v2: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
md5 sum: 57E364E6687E47D7B9B3373F901BDCE0

Version 1.0
Voodoo v1: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Nonvoodoo v1: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

EXTRAS
ALTERNATE GB THEME FROM V2 BY NITSUJ17
Download: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
ALTERNATE GINGERBREAD THEME BY KENESIS
Alternate GB pulldown with green secondary text.
fUyTMs

Download: http://adbdev.com/danknub/eb01_sexbread_3.0.zip

BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
2hejb6w.jpg
Untitled.jpg

hansocal

Reaction score
i dont get how to install this? do i flash both eb01 kernal and darkrevenge?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
i dont get how to install this? do i flash both eb01 kernal and darkrevenge?
1. PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT SETUP VIA CWR.
2. PERFORM A FULL WIPE, INCLUDING DALVIK BEFORE FLASHING.
3. DOWNLOAD ROM AND THE VOODOO OR NONVOODOO ZIP IN THIS THREAD.
4. PUT THE DARK REVENGE ZIP AND EB01 KERNEL ON ROOT OF YOUR SD CARD.
5. INSTALL FROM RED VOODOO CWR OR THE STANDARD CWR, DO NOT USE CWR 3.0 (ORANGE), THIS IS FOR AMEND SCRIPTS ONLY.*

Follow the posted instructions

Put Rom and kernel on root of sd card
make a backup
wipe wipe wipe
flash Rom then flash kernel
reboot

Jerome900

Reaction score
Hey tap, have u tried this. If so what r the pros and cons rather then 2.9?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey tap, have u tried this. If so what r the pros and cons rather then 2.9?

yes sir I have...I ran it since it was updated to v3....It was good as I like the Sense theming etc...As far as pros and cons, its subjective...Both SC and DarkRevenge v3 ran amazingly well for me so as far as Im concerned it comes down to what your personal preferences go for theming etc...More themes are available for SC versions....
I just reverted back to SC v2.9.1 and flashed the Ultimate Honeycomb theme and man is it nice so far....

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...v3-0-sc-2-9-2-9-1-big-update.html#post1394324

Jerome900

Reaction score
Awsome. Thanks. I'm gonna stick w 2.9. Voodoo. Im running nitrodark theme. Like it so far but my benchmark scores r down since the new kernel.

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awsome. Thanks. I'm gonna stick w 2.9. Voodoo. Im running nitrodark theme. Like it so far but my benchmark scores r down since the new kernel.

Dont pay too much attention to those scores as they arent a reflection of real life performance...if it runs well then who cares about the number

Jerome900

Reaction score
I just want to max this phone out with everything. I think it has the potential