Rolling back to get root on .901

drice72

Reaction score
I know there are tons of threads about this. I have read quite a few of them. When I purchased my phone it had the 5.5.893 firmware out of the box. I then downloaded and installed the OTA for 5.9.901.
I wanted to root. Seems there is not a way to root .901 itself, you must roll back, root, forever root, (dance a jig naked in your bedroom while burning sage and screaming druid chants.) I tried the one click method from P3driod. My phone hung up on pushing fastboot. it sat for over a hour. I ended up just flashing .901 back to the phone.

What I'm considering is wiping my device. Flashing stock 5.5.893. Rooting it with forever root, then installing the update for 5.9.901. Will this method work? I know I will lose all my settings and apps. I'm ok with that. If anyone knows of an easier method. (I have tried the one-click method didn't work). Then please let me know.

Thanks

OP
D

drice72

Reaction score
Update. I tried the one-click method again. Actually as I type this I am trying it. I have a question. The update files pushed to my phone without error. I I hit 'enter' and start the fast boot. I always get a fastboot error on my phone. I re-boot the phone into AP fastboot and restart the one-click app again. It detects the update files and goes onto "Flashing needed partitions". Then says sending "system" <262144 KB> . I have no error code on my phone, no error code on my command screen. This has been sending for over an hour. Is it supposed to take this long? I know in the instructions it said this part would take a while, but how long is awhile?

gothsqwd

Reaction score
I triedto roll back and I keep getting an error on the phone. It doesn't even tyr to flash the 886 back. I think it may be something with the kernel.