Roll over data

huskur

Reaction score
I currently have "unlimited" data and will continue to have it as long as I can even if it means paying full price for devices. I always sell my previous device after I buy my new one to recoup some of my $$$.

Anyway, if VZW did something like "roll over data" I may (but likely not) bite. I bet alot more people wouldn't be as unhappy. What do you all think??

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sounds like a good idea for the customer... so it won't happen :icon_ devil:

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
It really is a GREAT idea! Some months I use 1.5 and some months I use 5.5. That would be the answer.....like you said though. It's to much like a good idea

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Personally, I would probably jump at this if it was to occur.... But as already pointed out by Justin 82, since it would be a great option for us customers, it won't happen.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Won't happen. VZW won't be making as much money. Just like they never did rollover minutes. I had 700 barely used 500 but the extra 200 went bye bye ever cycle.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Rollover would be a nice. That might get me to switch. As it is I would save a little money switching to a share plan but I'm not willing to give up my unlimited data until my area gets LTE and I see how much data i'll be using then. Now I live off wifi at home but 4g has been expanded here at work so now I get a solid signal and a choice of wifi or 4g.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rollover would be a nice. That might get me to switch. As it is I would save a little money switching to a share plan but I'm not willing to give up my unlimited data until my area gets LTE and I see how much data i'll be using then. Now I live off wifi at home but 4g has been expanded here at work so now I get a solid signal and a choice of wifi or 4g.

I was using 2 GB every month or so on 3G. Reps tried to get me to switch and I said it was out of the question. They thought I was stupid for wanting to keep unlimited. 4G comes in my area and BAM! Just like that, I've used 4 GB and I still have a week and half left in my cycle. My usage has not really changed at all. I'm not suddenly tethering more, I'm not suddenly streaming lots of music. I'm using my phone for more things because it's faster. I don't have to run to a computer with a WI-FI connection now.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
syndicate0017 said:
I was using 2 GB every month or so on 3G. Reps tried to get me to switch and I said it was out of the question. They thought I was stupid for wanting to keep unlimited. 4G comes in my area and BAM! Just like that, I've used 4 GB and I still have a week and half left in my cycle. My usage has not really changed at all. I'm not suddenly tethering more, I'm not suddenly streaming lots of music. I'm using my phone for more things because it's faster. I don't have to run to a computer with a WI-FI connection now.

And that is EXACTLY why I'm waiting to see how much data I'll be using. I'm already using 4g more at work for that same reason. It's faster than the wifi at work.