Road/Traffic conditions with navigation?

HuJass

Reaction score
So I was using the navigation on my D2 today because the road I normally take to go home from work was closed.
I am not familliar with all the side roads in that area so I had no idea how to get home, hence the reason I turned to the nav.

But the nav kept bringing me back to the main road that was closed.

I was thinking that if it had road/traffic conditions alert system, it could have shown me the best way home without me having to make it recalculate a route 2 or 3 times.

So is there an app that can run concurrently with the nav app that can provide road & traffic conditions and offer alternate routes to get around bottlenecks?

Big Ry

Reaction score
I know it shows traffic but I don't use it enough to say definitively that it reroutes for closed roads. But you gotta remember that those things aren't reported like they are on Fox news. I used AT&T navigator on my BlackBerry Bold before I got my droid. AT&T loves advertising how their navigation has real time traffic conditions and detouring etc...the thing rarely knew about accidents or closed roads. I. Just used intuition...that said, there's an option on Google navigation to avoid highways and/or tolls...try using that to get around. I've used it with success many times.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

travisn000

Reaction score
I was just looking at the latest update and noticed that if you are in navigation and click the menu button and select route info there are four extra buttons on that screen... one of them pops up a toggle for the avoid hiways / tolls, and another one that looks like it might provide an alternate route, but it is disabled for me ATM.

It would be really nice if google would allow you to drag the route to manually modify it like you can online... maybe in the next version. :/

Last edited:

fdkatz

Reaction score
The version of Navigate on my Droid1 has alternative routes. I hadn't noticed that before. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.