Risk of rooting

OP
I

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Crap... I thought I could just move it to SD card. Lame. Only had 2 more levels of Angry Birds to go. And a little more than that for Totemo. Oh well lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
I

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Alright. Time to get this show on the road! So... I've got the instructions for the easy root up... Downloaded ADB and following step by step on ADB for dummies guide. It says to install ADB drivers but also says for HTC users to use HTC Sync. I already used HTC Sync.. do I still need to install the ADB drivers?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I would think so? Not sure since I haven't rooted a tb (don't know anyone with one that would let me) but I would just to be safe since it says to.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

mark3748

Reaction score
HTC sync includes the adb drivers. It uses USB debug to copy data.

So, no, you don't have to install more drivers. You can test it by turning on usb debugging and typing in "adb devices". as long as it shows yourr phone, you're all set.

OP
I

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you guys know... I'm rooting my phone right meow with the manual adb method from XDA. It's working great! Had a little confusion cause I'm a noob, but all is going well now. :D

On step 8 setting up su. :]

Update: My Thunderbolt is now rooted. :] Thanks for all your help you guys! And a special thanks to dsb9938 for helping me through the long process!

Last edited:

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you guys know... I'm rooting my phone right meow with the manual adb method from XDA. It's working great! Had a little confusion cause I'm a noob, but all is going well now. :D

On step 8 setting up su. :]

Update: My Thunderbolt is now rooted. :] Thanks for all your help you guys! And a special thanks to dsb9938 for helping me through the long process!

Congrats man!! Wasn't really that hard was it...? Now get going on making that thing the sickest phone you can ever imagine!!!

CsonkaBear, was that really necessary...?

OP
I

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Running BAMF 1.3 (just released oh snap) with a 1.9 kernel

OP
I

Its TwiX

Reaction score
I'm fine with 1.2 overclock from 1.3 BAMF. 2.4k quadrant :D

I'm looking for setcpu to set up a profile for screen off underclock and screen on overclock... is it not free? Thought it was... only one I see is "SetCPU for root users" for $1.99

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I'm fine with 1.2 overclock from 1.3 BAMF. 2.4k quadrant :D

I'm looking for setcpu to set up a profile for screen off underclock and screen on overclock... is it not free? Thought it was... only one I see is "SetCPU for root users" for $1.99

Setcpu is free over at xda for those who know where it is ...(hint: Google "setcpu xda" ). The market version is the same. It's in the market as an easy way to donate (which I highly suggest you do btw...,its a great app).

OP
I

Its TwiX

Reaction score
I'm down with donating. Especially after all the help I got from xda today while rooting lol. So how do i set up profiles? It has the default 1228 mhz max 245 mhz min ondemand set up. But I don't know what that means...

I'd like it to underclock when the screen is off and overclock when it's on but then have a temperature setting so if it gets too hot it slow down just in case. This app is pretty confusing to a noob like me :D Don't even know where to start