Ringtone, other sounds stop working

robnrbrtsn

Reaction score
I have missed several calls and had to reboot my phone to recover my ringtone and get my apps to play sounds. When it happens, even going into settings and trying to pick a new ringtone won't play a preview sound. I have to power off and back on to get sounds back.

anniekay55

Reaction score
I would love an answer to this as well. I have to reboot my phone several times a day when I discover nothing is working, to get the notifications and ringtone to work. I am responsible for my mom who is in poor health and this is the only phone I have and now I keep missing calls. I do not know where to turn as I bought this phone through Radio Shack.

Last edited:

amg3467

Reaction score
i had this problem about 6 months ago, i talked to a friend who works at a verizon retailer and he told me he never heard of that but to try to reset to default. I did that and it worked for about 4 months. Then it started happening again. I took it to my guy and he got it replaced for me, they gave me a brand new phone as my replacement so that was cool but this one sucks too, now as i type this it is currently rebooting by itself for no reason for the 3rd time in the last hour.

Pictishmac

Reaction score
My wife has an X and I have the X2. Hers doesn't have this problem, but mine does. Same as the rest, out of the blue the ringtones I had set no longer function. Instead the phone reverts to pre-installed ringtones that are much quieter than mine. It's very frustrating for someone who's hard of hearing.

amg3467

Reaction score
like i said i had this problem for a while, i recently rooted and went the cm7 route. The phone is amazing now. Please anyone that has this phone should do this, the phone is a beast now. For those that think they have to be a computer genius to figure it out, it really isn't as complicated as it looks in the directions. Just read carefully and do it.

billmcg

Reaction score
Yea, i have always had this problem too...with the ring-tones and the notifications also
I have also rooted and went with the CM7 as well and also been using Light Flow to help with the notifications
but i still occasionally have problems with both the ring-tones and the notifications even still
Ring-tone problems are less frequent - but i still have issues with it forgetting what is the default ring-tone from time to time
The notification sounds are more problematic...They just don't work consistently
i feel your pain...it is definitely frustrating and something that i have just had to live with...unfortunately
and all of this gloating over CM7 - please...it is a help for sure, but it is not the answer to all of the problems this phone has
my audio is still skipping...WiFi is disconnecting all the time - no HDMI, GPS is flaky at best - and that's just what i can think of right off the top of my head
don't get me wrong, i am not complaining, Dhttp://twitter.com/#!/dragonzkillerrgzkiller and Nitro have been godsends for this phone - and i appreciate them and their hard work all day long
but this phone is a turd for sure, and you cant polish a turd...

Momika

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my Droid X2. Tried a hard reset and then Verizon replaced one already and now the second one is doing the same thing. I pull the battery when this happens and it resolves the issue temporarily, but eventually it happens again. I only notice when I miss a phone call that I SHOULD have heard ring and check and find that no media will play, not my ringtones (no sound even when trying to change my ringtone), no you tube videos (I get an error message), not videos I've recorded with my phone (the app will shut down), nothing.

OP
R

robnrbrtsn

Reaction score
I have found that plugging headphones into the jack will bring this on. I have begun to power cycle my phone after unplugging from headphones or speakers.

dmwoods

Reaction score
I have missed several calls and had to reboot my phone to recover my ringtone and get my apps to play sounds. When it happens, even going into settings and trying to pick a new ringtone won't play a preview sound. I have to power off and back on to get sounds back.

An app in the Google Play stored named SoundAbout may help this if anyone finds this thread in the future.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I'm going to check out sound about. I have the same issues with my x2

tnronin

Reaction score
I ended up moving all my custom sounds to my phone memory and off the sd card. Waiting to see if that helped.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2