Ringer Issue - Someone plz help before I scream

ldroidlvr

Reaction score
I just got my phone a couple days ago and love it. I'm hoping someone can help me. I have assigned ringtones to my emails, texts and voicemails. (different ring tones to each) The text and the email ones work fine but when i get a vm it just pings and that's it. I double checked the settings and it shows that the assigned ringtone is the one I assigned which is definitely not a ping. Does anyone know how to solve this? It's driving me crazy!

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Thats weird. I would try changing the main tone in the notifications menu.

Press Menu -> Settings -> Sound & Display -> Notification Sound.

If the Ping is the one selected in there you can probably change it and it will change the Voicemail tone.

Let me know if this works out for you.

OP
L

ldroidlvr

Reaction score
Correction/Update to Original post

Ok so I was messing with it more today. Still haven't figured it out but I do have more info. I have a different ringtone set for each of the below listed:
Text Messages
Gmail
Notifications (facebook)
Voicemail

Text message works fine as does the gmail and notification. The voicemail doesn't work. When I investigated to make sure that I didn't set something wrong - I'm not seeing anything wrong. The notification ringtone is set from the Sounds & Display section from the settings option on the all programs panel. The voicemail (along with the gmail and text msgs) was set from going to the messages screen and choosing settings. Whenever I receive a vm it plays the notification ringtone and not the vm one.

It's amazing how something so small can be so frustrating. And it's probably something so simple.

Bilbo3D

Reaction score
Try going to Messages -> Settings -> Voicemail Notification sounds and make sure the "Play notification sound" is checked and that you have a different sound than the normal notification sound or than the "pop" sound that you are hearing.

hellojenil

Reaction score
Newbie here. When I go to messages I do not see an option for settings. The only place I see settings is after I touch menu. Can you direct me?

Danariel

Reaction score
Newbie here. When I go to messages I do not see an option for settings. The only place I see settings is after I touch menu. Can you direct me?

Messages>Menu>Settings

Then under VOICEMAIL NOTIFICATION SETTINGS choose your notification sound. There are 3 possible places to set notification sounds: Received Messages, Sent Messages (Failure Notification), and Voicemail notification settings.

If this doesn't work, it's beyond me.

Last edited: