Ringer and notification volume?

lefty78

Reaction score
Ok, when I want to turn the ringer down in volume or down to vibrate or silent I just hit the down on the volume button on the side of the phone.

How come when I do this it does not also change the volume of the notifications of texts or emails I get? Do I really have to go to settings and change the notification volume every time? There has to be a setting or shortcut to fix this.

Thanks!

mastamoon

Reaction score
Ok, when I want to turn the ringer down in volume or down to vibrate or silent I just hit the down on the volume button on the side of the phone.

How come when I do this it does not also change the volume of the notifications of texts or emails I get? Do I really have to go to settings and change the notification volume every time? There has to be a setting or shortcut to fix this.

Thanks!

Yes and its annoying!

I downloaded an app called Settings Profiles that lets you set up sound profiles (loud, car, quiet, etc..) that will adjust both volumes and let you turn wifi on/off if you wish and vibrate on off also.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid and when I press the volume down and activate vibration my phone vibrates for email and text messages.

Mike

OB1J3D1

Reaction score
My Droid 1 had the option to make the volume the same for calls and notifications. I noticed this was missing from the Fascinate. But, you can just put it into silent mode.

HTH