Ribbon sleeve/Case?

Reaction score
I don't like cases or covers on my phones when i use them, never found one that I felt didn't hinder my user experience in some way. But i still feel that i need some protection for my phone when im not using it (in my pocket, on my desk). So im looking for some kind of sleeve to put on it, not a holster, not a clip.

In short, has anybody seen something like this:

OCTO Style

..for the droid?

Leckert123

Reaction score
I looked for something similar but have not seen anything yet, at least nothing yet that is truly form fitting and designed specifically to fit the Droid.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
I wouldn't rock that myself, but I'd love for there to be more options. More in time, I'm sure. Be patient. :p

Shel

Reaction score
Just picked this up at the Apple Store, and the Droid fits like it was made for it!

TW928

TW928_AV2

Features

• Fine quality, full-grain pebble leather
  • Sophisticated black with detailed accent lining
  • Tailored satin ribbon release pull-strap
  • Slim back pocket for an ID card or money
  • Ultra-slim design
  • Shock-absorbent construction
  • Additional screen padding
  • Light and rigid protective layer
  • Soft velvet lining with light protective layer
  • Sena high-quality handmade craftsmanship
The iPhone and Droid have almost exactly the same demensions! The Droid fits very snuggly into this case, but with the leather tab in back, which you pull up on to remove the Droid, it's easy to get out of the case!

I really like the one you posted! Looks like quality leather, but who knows?

Best part of getting a case from the Apple Store is, right now, I can return it up until Jan. 9th for a FULL REFUND! I guess because of the holidays, they've extended the return period, so.... if something nicer comes along in the next few weeks, I'll take this back.

In the meantime, my Droid is snug as a bug....

(Very nice quality leather, by the way!)

OP
M
Reaction score
That does look a lot like what im looking for, but part of me cringes at the thought of buying something at the apple store lol =]

Shel

Reaction score
Manipulator
I checked out a YouTube video of a guy unpacking and trying out a case from the store you mentioned.

The iPhone was so tight a fit, he had to really pull on the ribbon to get it out... in fact, he stated that he was worried that the ribbon might break!

If the iPhone is that tight of a fit, the Droid won't fit (the iPhone, in spite of being nearly the same width, does tapper towards the edges, so that should make it slightly easier to get in and out of this type of a case)

After watching the video, I gave up on thoughts of getting a case from the dealer you linked to, unless and/or until they come out with a case specifically for the Droid.

Oh, speaker volume was also greatly reduced when the iPhone was in that case.

offici8

Reaction score
iPod Sock

I've struggled with phone protection as well as iPod protection. I haven't found any skin or case that really meets my needs.

So, when I upgraded to my newest iPod last year, I decided to spring for a pack of iPod socks. I know it's hokey and somewhat of a rip-off (considering I have a drawer full of my own socks) but I've been pleased with the protection.

I use an iPod sock on my Droid when I go anywhere as minimal protection in my coat or pants pocket. At work or home it sits out for easy access. In the car, I have it out. The iPod sock works well for me.

Shel

Reaction score
FYI
OCTO Style just responsed to my e-mail, asking if they plan to release a case for the Droid.

Bottom line, she tells me they have no plans at this time to develop a case for the Motorola Droid.

SlamDroid

Reaction score
Droid in a Suede Jacket...

I'm ordering one of the ultrasuede Droid jackets...I'll let you know how it turns out. I need to be able to go from dock to pocket to car mount without taking the back hardcover off. Guess I'll go with a rubberized rigid front cover I found on eBay and the suede jacket. Love my Droid and want to keep it looking nice and working right!

Terra

Reaction score
I don't like cases or covers on my phones when i use them, never found one that I felt didn't hinder my user experience in some way. But i still feel that i need some protection for my phone when im not using it (in my pocket, on my desk). So im looking for some kind of sleeve to put on it, not a holster, not a clip.

In short, has anybody seen something like this:

OCTO Style

..for the droid?

The case shown from the Apple store is made by Sena. Another member on this forum contacted Sena, and Sena said they are in the process of making a case specifically for the Droid.

OP
M
Reaction score
is the suede jacket enough protection? i dont really mind bulky in my pocket. i just dont want it when im using the phone, thats why i think a sleeve would be the best choice for me.

Smokin Joe WIlson

Reaction score
I have the suede pouch for the Droid. It is a little to big for the phone and a cheapy, but it works and is not bulky. You can also clean the screen with it. I prefer a nice leather slip case like the Ultraslim or Corsa from Sena Cases, they are very nice. Now if they will just make one for the Droid:(

ATK

Reaction score
Sena is making the ultraslim for the Droid.

How do you like those suede covers?