ReZound work with car head unit

*kallen

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm looking for a new head unit for my car. I wanted to be able to use my phone for Pandora. I was wondering if any Rezound owners have an after market head unit in their vehicle and are able to use their phone with it. I was lookin at pioneer, but then I read I needed an additional piece for the Bluetooth option. Just looking at my options.

Any suggestions?

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm looking for a new head unit for my car. I wanted to be able to use my phone for Pandora. I was wondering if any Rezound owners have an after market head unit in their vehicle and are able to use their phone with it. I was lookin at pioneer, but then I read I needed an additional piece for the Bluetooth option. Just looking at my options.

Any suggestions?

I JUST did this a few months ago...and it works great. I highly recommend you do it. I love Pioneer...but I went JVC in this case and I'm very happy with it. For what this receiver does, it was by far the best value receiver I found at the time. It looks like it is $120 now, but I think it was about $100 when I got it. I think they have more expensive models that may do a bit more, and if your budget allows for it...then go for it...but this is an excellent receiver if you don't want to spend a ton.

I chose the JVC KD-X50BT ...and I got it from Crutchfield.com (awesome site)
View attachment 55524
JVC KD-X50BT Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com
It works great with Pandora via bluetooth and you don't need anything else extra with this particular receiver...everything you need comes with it (except for the mounting kit for your particular vehicle, which Crutchfield will tell you what you need to make the stereo fit in your car's stereo opening, and then offer it to you to buy). It can auto detect your phone (assuming your phone has bluetooth enabled) automatically and start up Pandora a few moments after your start your car. Or, you can push a button to start up bluetooth streaming of Pandora.
Or, there is an Aux. cable option...but I much prefer bluetooth...no cables. It's awesome.
It also works great with any other streaming audio service. I also use Google Music a lot, which is where all of my music is.

It's also cool in that you can be running Google Maps Navigation and Pandora, Google Music, etc. at the same time...and when its time to give spoken directions it will automatically turn the volume down by about 50% and you then get the directions through your car speakers and then turns it back up when it's done talking. Pretty slick.

It also does bluetooth hands free calling/talking and comes with the mic you can mount in your car. If you are streaming Pandora/Google Music/etc. it will pause the music and the phone will ring through your car speakers and you can push a button on the stereo to answer. When you are done talking, you hang up and the music resumes.

JVC has an Android app...some kind of gesture thing that you can use to help control your stereo. I tried it...but I found it confusing, difficult to use and just overall sucky. So I uninstalled it. I didn't think it was necessary at all.

I have the MLB live streaming audio app for games called, At Bat. And I plan on getting the NHL Gamecenter app for game audio as well. It's great to listen to in the car...and you can listen to the other team's broadcast, which is always an interesting take instead of hearing your hometown guys all of the time.

This receiver does not play cd's. It's a digital media receiver. No cd slot.
So it won't work for you if you still use cd's...but I cut the cord from my cd's and stream Google Music, Pandora, Shoutcast, etc....and I have never missed my cd's. (I stopped using them a while back anyway). And if my kids have a cd that they want to play in the car, I just rip it to my computer and upload the songs to Google Music and make a playlist for those songs...and then stream it in the car. Problem solved.

Also has a USB port.

Plus it has a ridiculous number of color options for the LCD display, so it can match the rest of your interior dash lights.

Last edited:
OP
*kallen

*kallen

Reaction score
Wow! Thank you very much. You have been so helpful and made this so much less stressful! I'm going to crutchfields website as we speak!
Thanks again!

mikeny

Reaction score
I JUST did this a few months ago...and it works great. I highly recommend you do it. I love Pioneer...but I went JVC in this case and I'm very happy with it. For what this receiver does, it was by far the best value receiver I found at the time. It looks like it is $120 now, but I think it was about $100 when I got it. I think they have more expensive models that may do a bit more, and if your budget allows for it...then go for it...but this is an excellent receiver if you don't want to spend a ton.

I chose the JVC KD-X50BT ...and I got it from Crutchfield.com (awesome site)
View attachment 55524
JVC KD-X50BT Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com
It works great with Pandora via bluetooth and you don't need anything else extra with this particular receiver...everything you need comes with it (except for the mounting kit for your particular vehicle, which Crutchfield will tell you what you need to make the stereo fit in your car's stereo opening, and then offer it to you to buy). It can auto detect your pho

It also does bluetooth hands free calling/talking and comes with the mic you can mount in your car. If you are streaming Pandora/Google Music/etc. it will pause the music and the phone will ring through your car speakers and you can push a button on the stereo to answer. When you are done talking, you hang up and the music resumes.
As I wrote in the other thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...rk-reliably-hands-free-bluetooth-rezound.html with my Pioneer KEH-6400BT (also purchased at Crutchfiels's BTW), the caller on the other end half the time can't hear me at all . Is hands free calling reliable with this unit? How's the quality?

rbw62

Reaction score
I have the Pioneer 9400 model, it is a killer! Bluetooth, no problem, streams everythung on phone, youtube, pandora, music. HD radio will bloe you away, there are so many ways to listen to music, cd, usb devices, steam. And the radio is highly customizable. You cant do better.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
The hands free calling has been great.
The receiving call quality is great. My wife said my voice quality was ok when I talked to her. She said you could tell I was on speaker/bluetooth as it had "that kind of sound". I haven't heard it myself though.

I mounted the microphone to the left of the sun visor so it would be pretty close to me as I talked. That probably helps.

mikeny

Reaction score
Xander Crews said:
The hands free calling has been great.
The receiving call quality is great. My wife said my voice quality was ok when I talked to her. She said you could tell I was on speaker/bluetooth as it had "that kind of sound". I haven't heard it myself though.

I mounted the microphone to the left of the sun visor so it would be pretty close to me as I talked. That probably helps.

Thanks for the input.