Rezound [Rom] Clean Rom 2.3 ICS edition RELEASED!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
cr2.png

Rezound users! Announcing another ICS Rom for your Device. Developer "ScottsRoms" also known on the forums as Srcosler has released his updated version of CleanRom version 2.3 which is based on 4.0 ICS and built on the Leaked RUU 3.10.605.7 This Rom Is designed to be a cleaned up version of the Verizon Stock Rom Leak of Ice Cream Sandwich! It also includes some other very useful custom add ons, but not many!

cleanrom1-168x300.png
cleanrom2-168x300.png

The Screenshots above were submitted by df senior member "JTAC". YOu can see from his screenshot the new ICS lockscreen and also the ICS "recent activities" app. Their are other ICS elements like the font, notifications, and other elements. This Rom has been Deodexed and Bloatware is completely removed to improve speed speed and snappiness. Wireless tether hack is included along with ES file explorer, extended quick settings, no location icon and wifi tether app. All google apps have been updated as well as facebook app. This Rom is beginning to look pretty sweet!

Download this Rom and Discuss here!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is pretty good but still has some glitches. Battery life is really poor, won't charge past 91%, performance isn't any faster than GB, some FC's, could not get ROM Toolbox to run... It is better than most, but until they have a real ICS OTA to build from, the ICS ROMs will be hit or miss.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably not a daily driver, not for me at least, but was a great piece of work the play around with for a few days. A few bugs here and there and battery is not as good as stock OTA but overall its snappy and feels pretty good. If you wanna just check out how ICS will be on the Rezound, check this out for sure!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Probably not a daily driver, not for me at least, but was a great piece of work the play around with for a few days. A few bugs here and there and battery is not as good as stock OTA but overall its snappy and feels pretty good. If you wanna just check out how ICS will be on the Rezound, check this out for sure!

Yeah, it is good for a preview of what is to come, but I haven't found a daily driver yet. And you have to be careful how you discuss it on XDA because the guys get really touchy. I can understand that they put a lot of time and effort into something that they give away for free, but at the same time, as a user, or beta tester(which is what we are), to me it doesn't matter how cheap something is, if it doesn't work it doesn't work.

In general I understand the desire to tinker and see what the new stuff is like, but when things that are core functions don't work, there are lots of bugs, and it just doesn't work right, I can't justify using it as my daily OS. I mean, it's cool to show it off to your new friends, but when BT audio is broken, you get FC's in the market, the camera is limited to 3MP, or any of the other numerous limitations that have been in the various ROMs for this phone, the "shiny new" effect loses its luster.

In the end, no matter how cool the current ICS ROMs look, none of them work as well as the official GB OTA. You can root that, debloat it easily and if you really want the ICS look, remove Sense and use Go Launcher ICS theme and Go Locker. You get the look and feel of ICS, but the phone is much more stable and everything works properly...

Once VZW releases ICS for this phone, probably this summer, that will be a different story.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is good for a preview of what is to come, but I haven't found a daily driver yet. And you have to be careful how you discuss it on XDA because the guys get really touchy. I can understand that they put a lot of time and effort into something that they give away for free, but at the same time, as a user, or beta tester(which is what we are), to me it doesn't matter how cheap something is, if it doesn't work it doesn't work.

In general I understand the desire to tinker and see what the new stuff is like, but when things that are core functions don't work, there are lots of bugs, and it just doesn't work right, I can't justify using it as my daily OS. I mean, it's cool to show it off to your new friends, but when BT audio is broken, you get FC's in the market, the camera is limited to 3MP, or any of the other numerous limitations that have been in the various ROMs for this phone, the "shiny new" effect loses its luster.

In the end, no matter how cool the current ICS ROMs look, none of them work as well as the official GB OTA. You can root that, debloat it easily and if you really want the ICS look, remove Sense and use Go Launcher ICS theme and Go Locker. You get the look and feel of ICS, but the phone is much more stable and everything works properly...

Once VZW releases ICS for this phone, probably this summer, that will be a different story.

Agreed, I always find ways to give back though, even when I don't use their work, I've got mad respect for those guys for things I can't do and wish I could do lol

But for some reason I always default back to rooted stock lol just solid, but I still at least try out the new stuff a few times a week to see whats up

And coming from Blur phones, I actually enjoy Sense, a nice refresh in the crap overlay scene lol

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I always find ways to give back though, even when I don't use their work, I've got mad respect for those guys for things I can't do and wish I could do lol

But for some reason I always default back to rooted stock lol just solid, but I still at least try out the new stuff a few times a week to see whats up

And coming from Blur phones, I actually enjoy Sense, a nice refresh in the crap overlay scene lol

The only ROM that I ever found to be as good as the OTA, and even exceed the OTA, was CM7.

Most of them are buggy, have limitations, etc... They may include some fixes and tweaks and cool shortcuts and things, but in the end, most of them are never as reliable as the stock ROMs.

I understand the geek side of things, to run the latest and greatest just for the sake of doing it, but for me, I need it to work. I find that simply debloating the stock ROM on the Rezound gives a faster, smoother and far more functional and reliable experience. I see people saying how awesome the ROMs are, but if it cannot even do the basic things that the stock ROM can do, then I don't see the benefit. Just my opinion, but I spent good money on the phone, I spend a lot each month on my bill, so this is a tool first and a toy second.