rezound icon change

1tfrot

Reaction score
great site and finally registered to learn more. hope this is a correct section to post this in, but figured it would get more traffic than posting in the rezound specific area and also kinda figured that all droids are very similar with most of the processes.

looking to change the icons on just the home page (or others if I like them) and want to know how. I've done tons of reading on this, but don't understand most of the verbage and how the apps work, let alone if they need to be done together.

I can work on motors all day, but don't know squat about computers, modding them, and the language that goes along with them. keeping it very simple would be greatly appreciated :D

here are screen shots of my lock screen and home page. looking to change the people, messages, and VM icons. I want to most likely keep everything else the same as you see it on those pics, but just change the icons only
2012-02-12_10-57-33.jpg

2012-02-12_10-57-23.jpg

some awesome looking screen shots on this forum and just to learn a little about making mine unique. just gotta be careful not to get in over my head since I'm not a comp person.

thanks for any help......

Last edited:

JRParsons

Reaction score
Long press an icon to remove it, long press a blank space to insert a new app on the home screen.
I think this is the answer you are looking for, if not I misunderstood the question.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

OP
1tfrot

1tfrot

Reaction score
Sorry, what I meant was customize them, change them to something different. tons of cool looking icons and want to join the fun

JRParsons

Reaction score
You'll need a 3 rd party launcher, I like go launcher from the market. Download it and play around with the various themes. Most are free, if you need help come back, and I'll see if I can help.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Btw love that truck

OP
1tfrot

1tfrot

Reaction score
Btw love that truck

thanks, appreciate that.

I tried doing go launcher last night and it changed everything when I used it. everything meaning even my screens around my home page. stock it has 7 screens and they rotate like a revolving door. the go launcher got rid of that and made it 5 screens that you could only slide side to side (1-2-home-4-5). since I don't know what I'm doing, I truly want everything to remain the same like the home page pic I posted, but only change the icons. is that possible?

I don't mind trying go launcher again, but I have no idea what I'm doing with it for the most part

thanks again

JRParsons

Reaction score
A 3rd party launcher may not be for you, They are different, but pretty much everything on them can be changed. (number of home screens, scroll past the last home screen to the first, etc.)
There may even be a Sense theme available.
I used go launcher for a long time but use sense now, I'm really not sure which one I like better.
Unless I'm incorrect, which wouldn't be the first time, the only way I know of to change the appearance of an icon is through a third party launcher. Maybe someone could correct me if I'm wrong or confirm.

Btw, the only thing that would make that truck better is if it was a Ford. LOL. (just picked up a 2012 Platinum, and love it, no rock climbing for me)

OP
1tfrot

1tfrot

Reaction score
A 3rd party launcher may not be for you, They are different, but pretty much everything on them can be changed. (number of home screens, scroll past the last home screen to the first, etc.)
There may even be a Sense theme available.
I used go launcher for a long time but use sense now, I'm really not sure which one I like better.
Unless I'm incorrect, which wouldn't be the first time, the only way I know of to change the appearance of an icon is through a third party launcher. Maybe someone could correct me if I'm wrong or confirm.

Btw, the only thing that would make that truck better is if it was a Ford. LOL. (just picked up a 2012 Platinum, and love it, no rock climbing for me)

;) my towrig/DD is a '07 duramax...........no fords here!! and the s10 has a 6.0L lq4 in it :icon_ devil: (congrats on the new ride btw)

anyway, I really appreciate the help. if I can change the # of home screens and how they scroll all the way around, I'd consider putting the time in because I found a really nice icon app called black glass (pretty sure that's it) and like the look of those icons.

any other launchers you would recommend? hopefully there's a way since I like the way all my screens are setup now, especially bookmarks and a few other things

Last edited: